Taken from the Rockland County Parks Dept Page:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Park borders the Hudson River and provides water-based recreational opportunities. The site has a protected area to launch boats and parking for 50 vehicles with trailers. There are also picnic facilities, an open air pavilion, playgrounds, nature and walking trails, Parks office, fishing piers, three which are located on a freshwater pond, and the Rockland County September 11 Memorial.
HISTORY: The property has played a prominent role in the industrial development of Rockland County. Starting in 1771 the property was used for brick making by Jacob Van Dyke from Holland. He made bricks by hand which were used for fireplaces and chimneys. In 1815 James Wood, an Englishman, came to Haverstraw and established his first brickyard. Later he invented a machine for tempering clay. The first low-pressure steam brick dryer was invented by David Strickland in 1912 and in 1920 he created the Strickland Automatic Brick-making machine. Strickland created the oven-sized brick and introduced the coloring of common brick in the New York market. In 1906 a series of landslides caused by the mining of clay beneath the town destroyed part of Haverstraw. In the late 1950’s the area was used as a staging site for the construction of New York City’s Pier 57 and the Tappan Zee Bridge. The property remained vacant until the County acquired it for a park in 1999. Officially dedicated on July 21, 2003.
PRESENT USE: Boat launch, nature and walking trails, fishing areas, picnic areas, playground, and September 11th Victims memorial, Parks office. NO boats or fishing poles available for rental. NO swimming or wading.
The maps on geocaching.com for this area are a little off. The park is located on Gagan Road, off of Beach Road.
Rockland County Parks Dept permit number: 028