There is no better opportunity than the first ever MEGA event in South Africa to launch the next South African TB Race: So come and join in the fun by entering your Trackable into one of the two Trackable Race challenges offered as part of the MEGA TB Race 2013.
This year contestants have a choice between 2 Races to enter. Upon entering the MEGA TB Race 2013, contestants have to specify which one of the two Races the Racing Traveller in question is entering. Each Racing Traveller can only participate in one of the two Races, but geocachers can enter as many Racing Travellers as they wish in either of the Races or in both of the Races:
For the purists among us, this is a straight forward distance race with the object to achieve the maximum distance travelled from cache to cache by the Racing Traveller during the race.
For the more liberal trackable enthusiasts this race provides the opportunity to earn points for all the fun normally associated with the travelling adventures of a Racing Traveller – The Racing Traveller with the most points wins!
The MEGA TB Race 2013 will start on Saturday 6 October 2012 at the Voortrekker Monument Heritage Site during a fun event forming part of the first ever MEGA Event on the African Continent.
The MEGA TB Race 2013 will end on 31 October 2013.
Come and join us for a good old traditional
South African Potjiekos dinner on Saturday, 6 October 2012 from 18h30, while we finalise the entries and get the race underway. Meal tickets for the Potjiekos are sold on the GeocachingSA website. www.geocachingsa.com and will also be on sale at the MEGA Event at R55 per adult and R25 per child under 16.
To assist us with the planning for the event we will appreciate it if you will, when logging your “Will Attend” to this event, also indicate the numbers of meal tickets that you would like to buy.
The Potjie Meal Ticket includes the following delicious menu:
- Beef & Vegetable Potjie
- Chicken & Vegetable Potjie
- Rice or Pap
- Mixed Salad
HOW WILL THE RACES WORK:
Any Trackable Traveller with a Groundspeak tracking number is welcome to enter the Races. The Racing Traveller has to be activated by the time it enters the race:
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THE RACING TRAVELLER INTO THIS EVENT OR THE MEGA EVENT.
All the competitors have to have a 0 km distance on their Groundspeak listings and will start at the same cache, which cache constitutes the starting line of the Races. Once your Racing Traveller is submitted for entry, the Race organisers will grab it from the owner and all competing participants will be dropped into the starting line cache during the Race Launch event. The starting line cache and its location will be revealed during the Race Launch event on Saturday 6 October 2012.
The progress of the Racing Travellers during the Races will be updated and published once per month by the team of Race Marshalls BruceTP, JPMZA, B&C Inc and Damhuisclan. Thank you in advance for the service rendered by the Race Marshalls!
All decisions of the Race Marshalls are final and no argument or correspondence about their decisions or the Race results will be entertained.
GOSA will host the race particulars on their website www.geocachingsa.com - Details coming soon!
So go on, make your choice about the Race that you would like to enter and bring your Racing Travellers along to join the MEGA fun at the launch of the MEGA TB Race 2013 during MEGA South Africa 2012 (GC3B0EJ).
If you are one of the unfortunate ones who cannot make it to the MEGA Event, you are still welcome to enter one of the Races by sending you Racing Traveller with a friend attending the MEGA Event or you can post the Racing Traveller to:
MEGA TB RACE 2013
PO Box 2300
To be eligible for entry into the Race all posted Racing Travellers should reach us on or before 5 October 2012. Please clearly indicate whether the Racing Traveller is entering the Distance Race or the Points Race.
All entries into the Races will close during the MEGA TB Race 2013 Launch Event. Only Trackable Racers that are physically present at the start of the race will be eligible for entry into the Races.
May the best Racing Traveller Win!!!
RULES: MEGA TB Race 2013:
- The aim of this Race to achieve the longest distance by moving from cache to cache with the help of geocachers during the duration of the Race.
- No “dipping” or “visiting of caches” in the hands of the same geocacher is allowed in this Race. Racing Travellers can only be moved once by any one geocacher during the race. This also includes only one move of the Racing Traveller by the owner of the Racing Traveller during the Race.
- 6 Podium Places are up for grabs in this Race: 3 for the Racing Travellers that travelled the furthest in South Africa and 3 for Racing Travellers that travelled the furthest internationally. Once a Racing Traveller leaves our sunny shores for another country, that Racing Traveller becomes part of the international Race and is no longer eligible for the South African podium places. Swaziland and Lesotho are independent states and do not form part of South Africa. For purposes of this race the independent Republic of Houtbay remains part of South Africa.
- The aim of this Race is to collect the highest total of points while travelling around from cache to cache during the duration of the Race.
- In this Race points will be awarded as specified in rule 4 below. The Race Marshalls reserve the right to introduce bonus point criteria at any time during the Race, but will in no way be obliged to exercise this right.
- In this Race 3 Podium Places are up for grabs for the 3 Racing Travellers with the highest total points accumulated during the duration of the Race.
- Points will be awarded as follows:
||Each cache visited by the Racing Traveller or in which the Racing Traveller is dropped into
||Each Discovery of the Racing Traveller
||Each country visited by the Racing Traveller (any one country visited will only qualify for points on the first visit during the Race)
||Each Province or State visited by the Racing Traveller (any one province or state visited will only qualify for points on the first visit during the Race)
||Each photo in which the Racing Traveller appears and which is posted as part of a log on the listing of the Racing Traveller (only one photo per log will qualify for points)
||Each CITO Event visited by the Racing Traveller in the hands of an attendee to such event
||Each MEGA Event visited by the Racing Traveller in the hands of an attendee to such event
||For every 750km travelled as reflected on the Groundspeak listing of the Travelling Racer
||Each stay by the Racing Traveller in a TB Hotel
||If the Racing Traveller is physically present at the closing event of the MEGA TB Race 2013