We are pleased to announce the premier GeoTour event for the State of Oregon. Join us on the morning of October 20th to obtain your Tour Passport and the list of caches available for you to explore. This set of thirty six caches placed though out the McKensie River Valley. Each of these is located in areas which highlight and demonstrate the unique and varied geological, historical, and scenic elements which make up this wonderful area.
These thirty-six caches will each contain a code word for you to complete you passport and earn a truly unique trackable. These 200 hundred trackables are created and provided by a local craftsman, and are like no other in the world.
Further, this event kicks off only the first half of this GeoTour. In the Spring of 2013, there will be an additional set of caches highlighting “the city to the coast” of Lane County. Finding this set will enable you to earn a second “partner” trackable as well.
This event is scheduled for the morning of October 20th – 9:00 am to 11:00 am. You may obtain your passport at that time. Additionally, you will get a preview of the unique trackable, and a full list of the caches on this Tour. Refreshments will be served.
This truly unique, trackable wooden geocoin was made in Vida, Oregon along the McKenzie River.
How to Claim Your Locally Made Geocoin
1. Complete this passport by visiting caches and recording the password found in each cache.
2. Bring your original completed passport to theEugene, Cascades & Coast Adventure Center (3312 Gateway St in Springfield, OR) daily between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
3. Receive the McKenzie River edition trackable geocoin (while supplies last).
4. Look for the launch of the second edition, and earn a connecting coin, in Spring 2013
Can’t make it to the Eugene, Cascades & Coast Adventure Center to pick up your trackable?
Contact Adventures@EugeneCascadesCoast.org or call 541.743.8767 from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
1. Trackable geocoins are limited and will be distributed while supplies last.
2. One geocoin per family.
3. You must present the original passport to receive your geocoin or enter to win a trip back up the McKenzie River.
4. Travel Lane County reserves the right to end this program at any time.