A composite of themes from several "Do Anywhere" caches, plus a mission!
As the website: www.sister-cities.org says:
|Sister Cities International (SCI) is the national membership association for sister city, county and state programs in the United States headquartered in Washington, D.C. As the official organization which links jurisdictions from the United States with communities worldwide, SCI recognizes, registers and coordinates sister city, county and state linkages. Currently SCI represents over 2,100 communities in 121 countries around the world.
The U.S. sister cities program traces its roots to 1956 when President Dwight D. Eisenhower proposed a people-to-people citizen diplomacy initiative. Originally a part of the National League of Cities, SCI became a separate, nonprofit corporation in 1967 due to the tremendous growth and popularity of the U.S. program. SCI creates and strengthens these sister city partnerships in an effort to increase global cooperation, promote cultural understanding and stimulate economic development. SCI leads the movement for local community development and volunteer action, by motivating and empowering private citizens, municipal officials and business leaders to conduct long-term programs of mutual benefit.
So here's the rules:
- You DO NOT need to live in either city.
- You can only post once. Your partner in this mission will post too.
- You can use any method to determine a "Sister City" but if you use a method other than www.sister-cities.org, you must explain yourself.
- Having identified a pair of cities, you must take a picture of the City road/welcome sign with yourself in the picture, include the GPS Lat/Longs for the sign location you pick (Many cities have multiple road/welcome signs, i.e. Chicago). This will allow others to use the same pair of cities without using the same signs. In other words, try not to use the same signs as someone else in the logs. For those in oddball cities that don't has welcome signs, use some other "significant/identifiable" city object.
- Locate a geocacher in the Sister city to do the same.
- Exchange photos and let the 'other' geocacher do the posting of your photo with the explanation and caption.
- You cannot post both cities yourself. You must find (and work with) a geocacher in the other city.
Hopefully a challenging Win-Win Cache for both parties involved.
The coordinates, by the way, are for a Greek Restaurant in Greek Town, Chicago. Very Good.
Cache owners note: This is a fairly difficult cache to log, especially when dealing with limited-english speaking players. I applaud anyone who tries, it's not as easy as it might seem. Good Luck.
Visit the exact location your partner chose in the foreign city, take a photo of yourself with the sign (including gps!) and score again!
(This can be a "solo" effort)
Can't see the table below? Are you using Netscape? Click here