Curse of the FTF # 14 - Gauteng - (Numbers)
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The cache is not hidden at the coordinates provided. You need to solve the puzzle in the listing below to get the final coordinates.
Numbers have a variety of uses in the modern world:
Use these numbers to work out the hidden location for the cache:
- Numbers are used for counting and accumulating information, how to count is one of the first skills children are taught. This is the 14th cache in the Curse of the FTF series.
- Numbers are used for identifying various items in stores using barcodes so that you can get your shopping done.
- Numbers are used in latitude and longitude coordinates, so that your GPS will know where you are and tell you the direction to travel in to find a geocache.
- Numbers are used in setting bearings for directions, and for distances.
- Numbers are used to represent colours on a computer monitor, or on a child's paint-by-numbers picture so that they know which colours to use to paint the picture.
- Numbers are used as part of telephone numbers so that you can contact people.
- Numbers are used by the internet to identify which servers to connect to for websites or where to send emails.
- Numbers are used for identifying addresses so that you can locate destinations or send post to the correct place.
The rules are really simple:
(*) NOTE: to all who hunt FTF's in this series... Reviewers have been instructed by Groundspeak not to approve caches that have a requirement to place an additional cache or caches as a condition of logging the find. You can make a suggestion that the person do so, but it can't be a requirement.
- We encourage whoever finds the cache first (FTF) to place the next cache in the series [Curse of the FTF # 15 - Gauteng] within 1 month. (* See note below) Otherwise the curse will prevent you from ever getting another FTF again ! (Just Joking)
- It is asked that you only be a FTF for this series once. This is to give others a chance to be the FTF.
- It can be any type of cache (Puzzle, Multi, etc.)
- When the next cache is placed e-mail the owners of all the preceding caches so a link can be added.
- The cache must be placed in Gauteng only.
- If you are the FTF in this series and do not wish to continue the series, PLEASE say so in your log entry. This will give the 2nd-TF, 3rd-TF, etc. the option to continue the game.
There is an unactivated Travel Tag up for grabs by the first finder.
All caches in this series:
Curse of the FTF # 1 - Gauteng - (Sterrewag) hidden by Wormgeocash
Curse of the FTF # 2 - Gauteng - (First Aid) hidden by Elsies (archived now)
Curse of the FTF # 3 - Gauteng - (Guardhouse) hidden by Leon St
Curse of the FTF # 4 - Gauteng - (Banana Park) hidden by W@lly
Curse of the FTF #5 - Gauteng ("Oubaas") hidden by B and C Inc
Curse of the FTF #6 - Gauteng (Hot Chocolate) hidden by MadSons
Curse of the FTF # 7 - Gauteng - (Bird Shelter) hidden by ECMJ (archived now)
Curse of the FTF # 8 - Gauteng - (Snakes Crossing) hidden by Tartan_Terror
Curse of the FTF # 9 - Gauteng - (Bullfrogs) hidden by Cabey
Curse of the FTF # 10 - Gauteng - Indigenous Magic hidden by GEO936
Curse of the FTF # 11 - Gauteng - (11-11-11) hidden by Wazat
Curse of the FTF # 12 - Gauteng - (Lobola) hidden by Botha_family & TeamDJ*
Curse of the FTF # 13 - Gauteng - (Dominos) hidden by claust
Curse of the FTF # 14 - Gauteng - (Numbers) hidden by ThomasfamilyZA and BrendsZA
Curse of the FTF #15 - Gauteng (Picture Perfect) hidden by WJSwanepoel & The Killroys
Curse of the FTF #16 - Gauteng - (Sweet Sixteen) hidden by pannie&medusae
Curse Of The FTF #17 - Gauteng (Final Conclusion) hidden by Team 484 and KrumKrew
(No hints available.)