Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
This cache has been locked, but it is available for viewing.
The Scavenger Hunt Cache
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Welcome to the Scavenger Hunt Cache!
See logs below for current quest.
How it works:
- The cache is started by creating a quest for a Scavenger Hunt Cache item.
- To log the cache, a finder posts the coordinates and a photo of their GPS with the quest item.
- Once it has been logged as a find, the finder then gets to decide and post what the next quest item will be.
- The coordinates of the find will be posted as the new starting point for the cache and then hunt will continue with a new quest.
- Quest items can be anything within reason that would not put the potential finder in danger of being injured, folded, stapled, crushed, mutilated, arrested, abducted by aliens or forced to listen to Kenny G. Quest items should be challenging and creative but reasonable.
- Items can be a person, place, thing or action or any combination thereof. You can create a quest that requires a finder to be photographed with someone, at some place, with some thing or while performing some action. Being photographed with Jack Nicholson, in front of a house with a visible street address of 666 while holding a live penguin and being dressed only in Post-It notes is an extreme example including all of the above options.
- If someone manages to complete the quest above, then they will receive the title of Supreme Scavenger Hunt Cache Master of the Universe along with all of the benefits that that title carries.
- A finder must post the coordinates, city, state and a photo of their GPS with the quest item. The cache can be logged from anywhere in the world.
- If there is no response to a quest for a long period of time, the last finder may be asked to provide a new quest item. If no new quest is posted by the finder within 24 hours, the find may be deleted and the previous quest reinstated.
- The cache owner reserves the right to veto, amend or otherwise alter any suggested quest item or to provide a completely new quest item at any time.
- In the event that the quest item is found by multiple people, the first finder wins and can choose the next quest item. The same finder may log the cache multiple times but cannot find their own quest item and quests cannot be duplicated.
- Be creative!
Other related caches and sites:
Feel free to email me with any questions! Make sure your photos are below the 100k size limit. Thanks to Markwell for layout and formatting ideas.
(No hints available.)
...other caches hidden or found by this user
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:57:41 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:57 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum