Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
This cache has been locked, but it is available for viewing.
The Florida Scavenger Hunt Cache
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Welcome to the FGA Florida Scavenger Hunt Cache!
This cache is based on The Scavenger Hunt Cache by TVN
How it works:
- The cache is started by creating a quest for a Scavenger Hunt item located in the state of Florida.
- To log the cache, a finder posts the coordinates and a photo of their GPS with the quest item.
- Once it has been logged as a find, the FIRST finder then gets to decide and post what the next quest item will be.
- In addition, the first finder can choose the coordinates of the scavenger hunt cache itself, as long as they fall within Florida. Feel free to use the coordinates of your find or any other coordinates you wish. Notify the cache owner with your choice any time after posting your find.
- Quest items should be Florida theme/related and located WITHIN the state of Florida or not more than 20 nautical miles off the coast of Florida.
- If it is an obscure Florida theme or related item documentation may be needed.
- Quest items can be anything within reason that would not put the potential finder in danger or that could be illegal. (No hunting Gator or blowing fish out of the water with TNT). Quest items should be challenging and creative but reasonable.
- Items can be a person, place, thing or action or any combination thereof. You can create a quest that requires a finder to be photographed with someone, at some place, with some thing or while performing some action. Being photographed with Donald Duck, in front of a lime green car with a man in a speedo eating oranges is an extreme example including all of the above options.
- A finder must post the coordinates, city and a photo of their GPS with the quest item. The cache can be logged from anywhere in the state of Florida.
- If there is no response to a quest for a long period of time, the last finder may be asked to provide a new quest item.
- The cache owner reserves the right to veto, amend or otherwise alter any suggested quest item or to provide a completely new quest item at any time.
- In the event that the quest item is found by multiple people, the first finder can choose the next quest item.
- Please do not persue old quests. The cache owner will decide if a 'find' log for a previous quest is allowed. Your find may be deleted if it appears you ignored this guideline.
- Any previous finder may log additional finds (presuming they fulfill the current quest).
- Quest originators can not find their own quest item.
- Quests can not be duplicated.
- Be creative!
Make sure your photos are below the 100k size limit. Feel free to email the cache owner with any questions! Thanks to Markwell for the initial layout and formatting, and TVN for allowing FGA to use it as a "Florida State Only" cache.
Visit these fine Florida geocaching web sites:
The special Geowoodstock III quest list can be found here.
(No hints available.)
...other caches hidden or found by this user
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:57:41 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:57 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum