PPPT - Kick Start Series - "Hydraulic"
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Continuing the Pedal-Power Power Trail (PPPT) with a "Kick Start" series of traditional geocaches that starts from the Bendigo end.
Pump up your tyres and dust off your helmets this series is designed for cachers of all ages to get on their bike and ride the O’Keefe Rail Trail !
We have continued the Pedal-Power Power Trail (PPPT) with a "Kick Start" series of traditional geocaches that starts from the Bendigo end.
You are looking for a 400ml clip lock container containing log, pencil and swaps. All hides are next to the trail and should be easy to find.
This line was built in 1888 by Andrew O'Keefe to link Bendigo and Heathcote. From here the line continued to Heathcote Junction, near Wallan, on the North Eastern main line. The construction of Lake Eppalock in the 1950s meant the end of this lightly-trafficked branch line and it was completely closed by 1968.
A rail trail between Bendigo and Axedale was established in the late 1990s though like its former railway it was basic affair with rough surface and many low level crossings.
• Relatively flat rail trail traversing box-ironbark and yellow gum woodland
• The gravel trail surface is now of a good standard and all low level crossings replaced with bridges. However the many spring loaded gates remain.
• Horses are only permitted east from around Longlea to Axedale.
• A major upgrade is currently underway including extension to Heathcote.
• BYO food and drinks are required.
The above information is available from the link attached to this page.
(No hints available.)
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum