Soon thereafter, we were fortunate enough to have been successful on another FTF hunt and received a really interesting and unusual cache container as the FTF prize. Why not use the prize to place the next cache in the Curse of the FTF series and share it with as many people as possible? Well, those who are brave enough anyway... (There is a small FTF prize up for grabs for the first brave soul.)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS GEOCACHE:
1. The cache is at the listed coordinates.
2. It is NOT on the highway. Do NOT stop on the highway or attempt to reach the cache from the highway. There is ample parking space at GZ.
3. Take note of the D/T rating. It was chosen after considerable thought. (Currently, the closest cache with the same D/T rating is over 500km away.)
4. You will need special equipment.
5. It is a field puzzle.
6. You must open the container and sign the logsheet in order to claim it as found.
7. There is a permanent TB to be discovered inside the cache container for those who are able to open it. Please do NOT remove it.
8. It is advisable not to attempt this cache alone.
9. Exercise extreme caution when doing this cache. You attempt this geocache at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or injuries.
10. Stealth will be impossible so think of a good cover story!
THE CURSE OF THE FTF - GAUTENG SERIES
The rules are really simple:
(*) NOTE: To all who hunt FTF's in this series... Reviewers have been instructed by Groundspeak not to approve caches that have a requirement to place an additional cache or caches as a condition of logging the find. You can make a suggestion that the person do so, but it can't be a requirement.
- We encourage whoever finds the cache first (FTF) to place the next cache in the series [Curse of the FTF #17 - Gauteng] within 1 month. (* See note below.) Otherwise the curse will prevent you from ever getting another FTF again! (Just joking!)
- It is asked that you only be a FTF for this series once. This is to give others a chance to be the FTF.
- It can be any type of cache (Puzzle, Multi, etc.)
- When the next cache is placed e-mail the owners of all the preceding caches so a link can be added.
- The cache must be placed in Gauteng only.
- If you are the FTF in this series and do not wish to continue the series, PLEASE say so in your log entry. This will give the 2nd-TF, 3rd-TF, etc. the option to continue the game.
All caches in this series:
Curse of the FTF # 1 - Gauteng - (Sterrewag) hidden by Wormgeocash
Curse of the FTF # 2 - Gauteng - (First Aid) hidden by Elsies (archived now)
Curse of the FTF # 3 - Gauteng - (Guardhouse) hidden by Leon St
Curse of the FTF # 4 - Gauteng - (Banana Park) hidden by W@lly
Curse of the FTF #5 - Gauteng ("Oubaas") hidden by B and C Inc
Curse of the FTF #6 - Gauteng (Hot Chocolate) hidden by MadSons
Curse of the FTF # 7 - Gauteng - (Bird Shelter) hidden by ECMJ (archived now)
Curse of the FTF # 8 - Gauteng - (Snakes Crossing) hidden by Tartan_Terror
Curse of the FTF # 9 - Gauteng - (Bullfrogs) hidden by Cabey
Curse of the FTF # 10 - Gauteng - Indigenous Magic hidden by GEO936
Curse of the FTF # 11 - Gauteng - (11-11-11) hidden by Wazat
Curse of the FTF # 12 - Gauteng - (Lobola) hidden by Botha_family & TeamDJ*
Curse of the FTF # 13 - Gauteng - (Dominos) hidden by claust
Curse of the FTF # 14 - Gauteng - (Numbers) hidden by ThomasfamilyZA and BrendsZA
Curse of the FTF #15 - Gauteng (Picture Perfect) hidden by WJSwanepoel & The Killroys
Curse of the FTF #16 - Gauteng - (Sweet Sixteen) hidden by pannie&medusae