We had RACECAR2010, now it is time for a Travel Bug Race! When you register for this event, please indicate how many Travel Bugs you will be entering. It is not mandatory for you to take part in the race in order to attend the event.
Start Your Engines 2013 is a race for trackables, open to all geocachers. Points will be given for meeting goals and completing tasks. The race will be one year long ending at Living Skies 2014 event with points tallied at the end of each month. Prizes will be given for the following:
Entering the Race:
- TB with the most points
- TB placed in the most caches
- TB with the greatest mileage
The race will start with this event and we will be collecting a $2.00 per trackable entry fee to cover the cost of prizes. Due to the fact that geocoins are more likely to go missing, we will NOT allow geocoins in this race, just trackable tags. All trackables entered into the race must be new trackables: therefore will start with a zero balance. All trackables entered into the race must be new activations and its first drop MUST be this event. If you want to enter the race and cannot be at the event, you may send your entry with another geocacher. There is no limit of number of trackables per geocacher. To give everyone a 50 point start, Navyguider will take them all to Gold Country 2013 WestCan3 event.
There are two ways to enter the race:
If you already have an un-activated trackable:
If you want to purchase a trackable at the event:
- Activate your trackable at home or at this event
- Attach your trackable to a traveler/hitchhiker if you wish.
- Drop your trackable into this event
- Bring your trackable to the event and register it into the race by completing the entry form. You will be given a description card to accompany with your trackable on is journey.
- Have your trackable’s picture taken
- Leave your trackable with Navyguider who will then take them all to GoldCountry 2013 WestCan3 event.
- Watch your trackable race!
On your trackable page, please include the following:
- Purchase your trackable tag at the event (cost $5.00)
- Activate your trackable using the laptop(s) provided via wireless internet
- Drop your event into the event page
- Attach your trackable to a traveller/hitchhiker (optional)
- Register your trackable by completing the registration form. You will be given a description card to accompany with your trackable on is journey
- Have your trackable’s picture taken
- Leave your trackable with Navyguider who will then take them all to GoldCountry 2013 West Can3
- Watch your trackable race.
- The Trackable is part of this race
- Put the link to LivingSkies 2014 - www.livingskies2014.ca
- You may include any information about the race you wish.
Starting the Race:
All trackables will be taken to WestCan3 held in Merritt BC on 29 June 2013. This means that all trackables will be starting at the same time from the same place giving each one a fair and equal start. Starting at this event will also help spread the word of LivingSkies 2014, our geocaching event in Rosthern on 19 July 2014.
Ending the Race:
The end of the race will not be determined by a finish line, but rather a finish date of July 19, 2014, 12:00 noon local time. At this time, all points will be tallied and double checked and a winner will be announced at an event on 20 July 2014.
General Race Rules:
- Dipping/visiting is not allowed. However, we cannot stop this from happening. Therefore, dipping gets 0 points. If a dip occurs, any points earned from the dip will not be tallied, including pictures, crossing borders, etc. In some cases, this has resulted in serious point losses. All trackables will have an attached tag that states the No Dipping/Visiting rule.
- Contestants in the challenge are forbidden from handling any racing trackable. This is done to prevent people from cheating by intentionally moving other entries to hinder their travels. All trackables will have an attached mission card stating that they are in the Start Your Engines 2013 race.
- Contestants are encouraged to follow their trackable movements. Each month, the race standings will be updated with the scores for all entries. If you feel that your entry’s score is incorrect or you feel that we have miscalculated, please contact Navyguider for assistance along with details.
- There is an inherent risk in releasing any trackable that it may go missing or be stalled. For this reason you are encouraged to keep on top of your trackables movements to prevent this from happening. If your trackable does go missing, your points accumulated to that point will be used in the final standings.
- All contestants must start in this event
- When a TB is placed in a cache or event, it must be retrieved by a different cacher.
- It may cross the same border as many times as it wants and earn points.
- Only one photo per log will be counted.
- Events (CITO, regular, or Mega) – only one log per event will count.
- There are no points for discovery.
|Dropped into a Traditional Cache
|Dropped into a Multi Cache
|Dropped into a Puzzle/Unknown Cache
|Attend a regular Event
|Attend a CITO
|Attend a Mega Event
|Cross an international border
|Cross a provincial, state or territorial border
|Photo of trackable with log
|Dipping, discovery, visiting
|Be present at Living Skies 2014
On your mark, get ready and GO!!!