Team Mars has been caching since 2002, but didn't hit 1000 caches until 2012. Then, hit the 2nd 1000 nine months later! Thankfully (for me) they've slowed down a bit so I could hide this cache before they reach 3k.
Team Mars' 2000th find was Operation A.P.E. - Mission 12: Escape! After completion I noticed Team Mars wishing out loud for a team logo from the owner of that series (he's a great graphic designer). Well, I don't think that's in the plan, so as a consolation prize, I bribed my muggle hubby to whip something up for this cache.
Congrats on 2000, Team Mars! Race you to the next 2000...
Directions to the cache
Follow Coyote Trail from the parking area (or wherever you want to start) to the posted coordinates. You will be at the top of a small rise in a wooded part of the park. Now follow the trail to the northwest about 150 feet, down to the bottom of the slope, just before a clearing. There is a large stump on the left (west), about 12 feet off the trail and that is where the cache is!
• The geocache is on McHenry County Conservation District land with permission.
• Do not place the following items in the cache: food, inappropriate, offensive, or hazardous materials.
• Absolutely no cutting of brush or other vegetation is allowed.
• Visitors must remain on designated trails.
• It is the visitor’s responsibility to orient themselves with the rules of the District site.
• Sites are open sunrise to sunset, however some gates may not open until 8am.
• At certain times of the year, sites will close for a variety of reasons- it is illegal and dangerous to enter at these times