There are a number of coincidences in the assassinations of President Abraham Lincoln and President John F. Kennedy. These include:
- Both had seven letters in their last names.
- Both were shot in the head on a Friday seated beside their wives.
- Lincoln was shot at Ford’s Theatre. Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln Limo, which was made by Ford.
- Lincoln was in Box 7 at Ford’s Theatre, and Kennedy was in Car 7 of the Dallas motorcade.
- Both assassins had three names with 15 letters (John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald).
- Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and was captured in a warehouse. Oswald shot Kennedy in a warehouse and was captured in a theater.
- Both were elected to the U.S. House of Representatives for the first time in ’46 (1846/1946), were runners-up for their party’s nomination for vice president in ’56, and were elected president in ’60.
- Both were succeeded by southern Democrats named Johnson.
Well, you be the judge as to those items.
The cache is of a type that maybe only a few Quad-Citians have seen, so you tell me if it's a big micro or a small-small. Be safe. Have fun!
** A note from IowaChupacabra: Hello! I am attempting to maintain Blue Grass Tom’s geocaches. Have fun as you travel and explore up and down these Iowa back country roads to find the geocaches in this series. As you do so, if you happen upon a wet log, torn bag, or cracked/damaged/missing container, and graciously make the choice to add/replace paper/bag or change out/replace a container, I would certainly appreciate it and Thank You for the help. I attempt to make a run through the area every few months to fix the problems noted in the logs, but there’s always something! Thank You!