This is part of a series of challenge caches which are all about non-traditional cache types. Some will be easy, and designed to introduce new cachers to these other cache types. Others will be difficult for even the most experienced cachers. Most will fall somewhere between these extremes. Anybody may log any of the challenges, and may use new or old finds to qualify. The only requirement is that you meet the challenge shown below. The actual hides will be easy, the difficulty rating reflects the difficulty of the challenge. The terrain rating is for the actual hide.
This is the final cache of the July series. It might be a little tough.
I've decided to make the July caches a little different. The 5 caches (including this one) will be a bit more whimsical. For each of these challenges you will have to log 5 non-traditional caches whose titles contain a word dealing with a particular theme that is somehow related to geocaching. This is what I'll call my 5-5-5 challenge set (5 weeks of caches / 5 required caches each week / 5 different themes).
Please read the requirements carefully to be sure you qualify.
You may sign the log at any time, but you can only log the cache after you meet the requirements below. To prove that you meet the requirements include a list in your log showing the 5 qualifying caches. Your list must include the GC numbers, cache names and cache type for each of the caches.
This weeks challenge involves VALLEYS. Anyone who has done caches out in the woods has run into valleys that they have to get into or out of. For all of you who enjoy the climbs and the descents, this one is for you. Here are the requirements.
To qualify for this cache you must meet the requirements below:
- Find and log 5 non-traditional caches whose titles contain a word related to valleys.
- The word must be actually referring to a valley in some way. It cannot just be embedded in another word.
- Be creative. I'm not going to be too fussy about the words you use.
- You can use a word more than once. For example, if you have 4 caches with the word GORGE in them, you can use them all.
- Any non-traditional cache type except locationless caches and temporary caches that are part of an event may be used to meet this challenge.
That's it. Have fun!
To verify that I have met these requirements, here is my list. I'm including several different words in these caches to give you some ideas for your list.
- GC13QYW Wintergreen Gorge Walk Multi
- GC29XR3 Where Valley Widens-Redux Multi
- GC16B15 Yard Sale at the Gulch Multi
- GC36YAE What a View - Traversing the "Ravine" Unknown
- GCG98P Falls at Paine's Hollow Unknown