The quilt was named in memory of a family member who passed away and the colors are each of the family member's favorite colors.
This cache will bring you to a viewing location for one of the Barn Quilts of Door County. The quilt is one of 45 placed in Door County between 2010-2012 as a joint project of the UW-Extension, 4-H members and leaders, FFA members and alumni, local quilt guild members and other volunteers.
The goals of the Door County Barn Quilt Project are:
- Promote the agricultural heritage of Door Co.
- Provide education about the art and history of quilting
- Highlight the architecture and historical significance of barns throughout Door Co.
- Encourage economic development by promoting rural tourism
- Build an adult-youth partnership through the implementation of the project
More information on the project can be seen at https://www.facebook.com/BarnQuiltsOfDoorCounty
Please tread lightly as you search out the caches. CITO and BYOP. Feel free to post pictures of the barn quilts, but please don’t give away the cache location or container.