Skip to Content

<

Vientuļais mols.Veltījums Andrai Kvālei

A cache by hckeins Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 08/08/2013
Difficulty:
3 out of 5
Terrain:
2 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

Kāds seno lībiešu ciemats bija tik vientuļš, ka lībiešu zvejnieki savā valodā tā arī to nosauca – Ainagi (Vientuļais).


Kādreiz pie mazas upītes, purvainu mežu ieskauts jūras krastā atradās sens lībiešu zvejnieku ciems. Tas bija tik vientuļš, ka lībiešu zvejnieki savā valodā tā arī to nosauca – Ainagi (Vientuļais). Vēlāk to sāka saukt arī par Ainažiem. Oficiālos dokumentos Ainažu vārds pirmoreiz parādās 1564. gadā kā kroņa īpašums.

19.gadsimta otrajā pusē šeit attīstījās kuģu būvniecība un rosīga tirdzniecība.Ainažos tika nodibināta pirmā jūrskola Latvijā, kuru 1864. gadā pēc Krišjāņa Valdemāra ierosinājuma nodibināja tālbraucējs kapteinis  Kristians Dāls. Ainažu miests dibināts 1869. gadā. 1900.-1905. g. Ainažos uzbūvēja tirdzniecības ostu. Kā patstāvīga pašvaldības vienība Ainažu miests tika apstiprināts 1920. gadā, bet 1926. gadā Ainažiem piešķīra pilsētas tiesības.

Ar jūrskolas atklāšanu Ainažos sākās saimnieciskais uzplaukums. Caur ostu Vidzemes  zemnieku saimniecības eksportēja graudus, linus un citas preces. Pilsētas budžetu papildināja arī nodokļi no kuģu un dzelzsceļa kravām. 1911. gadā Valmieras šaursliežu pievadceļu sabiedrība, kurai piederēja 750 milimetru platuma dzelzceļš, izstrādāja projektu Ainažu ostas viļņlauža ziemeļu gala savienošanai ar krastu. Projekta galvenais nolūks bija ierīkot sliežu ceļa atzarojumu no Ainažu stacijas līdz viļņlauzim. Bija paredzēts būvēt dambi - molu, kas labāk aizsargātu ostas baseinu pret ziemeļu vējiem. Dambja būvi iesāka 1912. gadā, tā garums krastā bija 361 metri un līcī 482 metri. Uz dambja ierīkoja sliežu ceļu.

Būvdarbus pārtrauca Pirmais pasaules karš. 1915. gadā kara iestādes pavēlēja no dambja noņemt un aizvest sliedes. Kara laikā tika izpostīta arī pagaidu piestātne dambja galā un dambī tika izspridzināti divi lieli robi.  78% viļņlauža virsūdens daļas bija pilnīgi iznīcināta, pārējā daļa - stipri bojāta. Lai gan XX gs. 20.-30. gados tika veikti darbi, lai Ainažu ostu atdzīvinātu (atjaunots viļņlauzis, ostas akvatorija tika atbrīvota no nogrimušo kuģu vrakiem un padziļināta, uzcelta bāka u.c.), tas izdevās tikai daļēji. Kuģi ostā joprojām nevarēja piestāt pie piestātnes, to kravas nācās pārkraut uz baržām ar velkoņu palīdzību. Neskatoties uz to, Latvijas pirmās neatkarības laikā osta bija ceturtā Latvijas osta kravu apgrozījuma ziņā. 1926. gadā ostu apmeklēja 143 kuģi, galvenokārt no Latvijas ostām. Imports: koloniālpreces, pārtikas vielas, ķieģeļi, spirts, metālpreces, sāls, cements. Eksports: papīrs, koki, gaļa, linsēklas. Osta smagi izpostīta Otrā pasules kara laikā. Lai gan pēc kara osta tika daļēji atjaunota, uzplaukumu pilsēta vairs nepiedzīvoja. Ostas panīkumam bija arī citi iemesli. Līdz ar Pērnavas ostas izbūvi un Smiltenes—Ainažu šaursliežu dzelzceļa izbūvi 1912. gadā, Ainažu osta savu ekonomisko nozīmi sāka zaudēt.

Pēdējais mēģinājums atjaunot ostas darbību notika 90-os gados, kad ostas atjaunošanas darbos (molu atjaunošana, padziļināšana, pievedceļa uzbūve utt.) tika piešķirti valsts atvēlētie Latvijas ostu attīstības fonda līdzekļi. Projekts piedzīvoja krahu, un tagad par to liecina tikai smilšu kalni bijušās ostas teritorijā. Bet par seno laiku godību – turpat blakus esošās ēku drupas. Pēdējais kolorītākais seno laiku liecinieks – stacijas nojume – nodega pirms vairākiem gadiem Līgo naktī, par kādreiz pastāvējušo dzelzceļa līniju tagad vien liecina cauri Ainažiem ejošais dzelzceļa uzbērums.

Pašlaik Ainažu osta ir vienīgā no Latvijas pirmās neatkarības laikā pastāvējušajām, kura savu saimniecisko darbību nav atjaunojusi.

Mūsdienās no Ziemeļu mola Ainažos saglabājies vairāk nekā puskilometru garš mola posms, kas sastāv no lieliem laukakmeņiem. Mola atliekas redzamas arī tālāk jūrā kā lielas akmens salas. Tam blakus atrodas dažādām putnu sugām bagātās randu pļavas, bet pats Ziemeļu mols ir viena no retajām vietām, kur iespējama arī putnu vērošana jūrā.

 

Piekļuve:

Līdz slēpnim iespējams nokļūt pa 2008.gadā celto, par Eiropas Savienības struktūrfondiem būvēto dēļu laipu, kas pēc ieilgušas rekonstrukcijas (no 2018.gada janvāra līdz augustam) pilnībā atjaunota un atkal atklāta 2018.gada 4.septembrī. ( laipas sākuma koordinātes atrodamas pievienotajos ''Maršruta punktos'')

Pēc atrašanas, lūdzu slēpni novietot atpakaļ,kā tas bija. Paņemiet līdz savu rakstāmo!

**********************************

ENG:

Lonely breakwater. Dedication to Andra Kvāle

Aforetime, at the small river, by the sea and surrounded by swampy forests was located an ancient Livs fishing village. It was so lonely that Livs fishermen in their own language called it - Ainagi (Lone). Later it became known as Ainaži. In the official documents Ainaži name first appears in 1564 as the Crown Estate.

At the second half of the 19th century it was a place with developed shipbuilding and lively trading. First naval college in Latvia was established in Ainaži in 1864. It was founded by captain Kristian Dahl (Kristiāns Dāls), following initiative of Krišjānis Valdemārs.

Ainaži village is founded in 1869. During 1900-1905 Ainaži trading port was built. As an independent unit of local government Ainaži village was established in 1920, but in 1926 Ainaži granted city rights. By the opening of naval college Ainaži experienced an economic boom. Farms of Vidzeme used the port for exporting of grain, flax and other commodities. City budget also completed the duties of the ship and cargo rail. In 1911 The Valmiera narrow railway roads company, which owned 750-millimeter gauge, drafted Ainažu harbor breakwater which would connect the northern end of the breakwater with the coast.

The project's main purpose was to fix up the railway branch line from Ainažu station to the breakwater. It was intended to build a dam - breakwater, which would better protect the harbor from the north winds. Dam construction began in 1912, its length in the coast was 361 meters and 482 meters in the gulf. Railway track was installed on the dam. Works were interrupted by World War I.

In 1915 the military authorities ordered to remove railway tracks from the dam. During the war the temporary pier at the end of dam was also destroyed and two large gaps were made in dam by explosives. 78% of the breakwater surface was completely destroyed, the rest - heavily damaged. Although during 1920-1930 the work was performed in order to revive the Ainaži port (breakwater reconstructed, docks released from the sunken shipwrecks, aquatorium deepened, the lighthouse built, etc.), they were only partly successful. Ships were still not able to dock at the wharf and goods had to be transshipped to barges with assistance of tugboats.

Nevertheless, during the first period of Latvia independence the Ainaži port was the fourth largest Latvian port by cargo turnover. In 1926 port served 143 vessels, mostly arriving from Latvia ports. Main imports were colonial, food substances, bricks, alcohol, metals, salt, cement. Exports: paper, wood, meat, flax seeds.

Port was heavily destroyed during the Second World War. Although after the war harbor was partially restored, city was not prospering anymore. Port's decline had another reasons, too, and Ainaži port started to loose its economic importance. The last attempt to restore the port operation took place in 90-ies when the port reconstruction (piers reconstruction, deepening of aquatorium, access roads construction, etc.) started. Project was financed by the state owned Latvian port development fund. The project was not successful, and nowadays the only evidence of these works is sand hills in the former port area. And nearby ruins – as evidence of former Ainaži port prosperity. Last witness of former times - station shed - was destroyed by fire during Ligo (Līgo) several years ago. The formerly existing rail lines are now only shown as a railway embankment through Ainaži.

Currently Ainaži port is the only one of the first Latvian independence period ports which operation is not restored. Today from the Ainaži North breakwater more than half a kilometer long section consisting of large boulders has survived. Residues of breakwater are visible in the outer sea as large stone islands. North breakwater is located next to a variety of bird species-rich meadows, and breakwater is one of the few places where bird watching in the sea is also available..

Accessibility:

It is possible to reach the cache and breakwater by a boarded plank - way, built in 2008., reconstructed and opened in 4.september, 2018 with resources of Structural Funds of the European Union. (coordinates in the attached ''Way Points' '),

Bring your own pen!

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

~ 60.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

686 Logged Visits

Found it 648     Didn't find it 26     Write note 4     Temporarily Disable Listing 2     Enable Listing 2     Publish Listing 1     Update Coordinates 2     Post Reviewer Note 1     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 84 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated:
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.