The Pokey Dance - Flashmob
Pokey is getting pretty excited, after being cooped up all weekend at the Mega, it's time to ruffle some feathers and go Free Range..... so come on you Roosters, Hens and young Spring Chickens..... flock on over and join Pokey for a bit of fun and show us your flash dance moves..... no scratching allowed, if you're in a Fowl mood!
||Monday 28th October 2013
Front Lawn - Auckland Museum
||No brooding and nesting required here...
Just don't get too clucky and act like an Ostrich instead.
|9:00 - 9:05AM
Gather together on the Free Range Lawn in front of the Auckland Museum and join in the Pokey Dance.
|9:05 - 9:10AM
||Group photo of the assembled flock in front of the museum.
|9:10 - 9:15AM
||Flap your wings and follow Pokey over to the Band Rotunda @S36 51.540 E174 46.540 to scratch your name onto the official Pokey logbooks.
||Stay and crow if you like or hatch a plan and go caching instead, there are lots of caches nearby to keep you all happily clucking for the rest of the day!.
Pokey's Dance Moves...
- At the start of the music, shape a Pukeko beak with your hands. Open and close them four times, while standing on one foot, during the first four beats of the music.
- Make Pukeko wings with your arms. Flap your wings four times, while standing on the other foot, during the next four beats of the music.
- Make a Pukeko's tail feathers with your arms and hands. Wiggle downwards during the next four beats of the music.
- Clap four times during the next four beats of the music while rising to your feet.
- Repeat this process four times.
- Follow Pokey around in a long line flapping your wings and sticking your legs out like a Pukeko (make sure you don't injure yourselves or others in the process by allowing room between you and those in front or behind you. If you need to scratch..... please do so discreetly.
Additional Hidden Waypoints
BR4NC6N - Band Rotunda
S 36° 51.540 E 174° 46.540
Sign Pokey's Autograph book here...