- County - Township: Decatur - Clay
- Container: waterproof match container
- Parking: Parking available on the grass in the cemetery.
- FTF: AlterYourThinking & kblookers
- Other notes: BYOP
- Other notes: Benchmark JZ2244 - C267 is SW of the cache on the corner of CR 450 and CR 600.
Please respect all headstones. A lot of work has gone into making sure they remain for generations to discover.
I'm attempting to place caches in as many of Decatur County cemeteries as I can. Take your time and enjoy yourself. You don't have to stop at every headstone, but, please, slow down and look around you. Grave markers can tell a story, or at the very least make you wonder what the story really is. I'd prefer my cemetery caches not be park and grabs.
Patrick Cemetery #1 has most of the history and most of the headstones on it's side. As I was leaving, I noticed at path into the northern woods as you first enter the cemetery. I decided to take it not knowing if it was still part of the grounds. It is. You'll see the original fence marking the boundaries. There is one lone, special headstone back there. The cache is nearby.
Headstones to Look For
- Stephen Masters Company A, 123rd IND: The only info I can find is that he was from Greensburg, enlisted on 11/18/1863 and mustered out with the rest of the regiment on 8/25/1865.