Date: Thursday, January 30th
Time: 7pm -11pm
Where: Finn's Pub at the Forks
2nd Floor, Johnston Terminal
210 25 Forks Market Rd
N 49° 53.216 W 097° 07.814
Join us as we review the cachelutions made last year, give out some prizes and make some new cachelutions for 2014.
(Last year's event. http://coord.info/GC44CAY)
Note: Kids are allowed at this venue.
Announcing the contest for 2014/2015!
- The contest runs from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. The cut-off date to declare goals is two weeks after the “cachelutions” pub night event on January 30 (i.e. February 13). Goals will be assessed, and accomplishments verified, by members of the MBGA Executive at the beginning and end of the contest period, respectively.
- Cachers/teams wishing to take part may declare a maximum of three (3) caching goals (“cachelutions”). Goals should be declared in a log entry on the “cachelutions” pub night event cache in early 2014. Goals may be changed up until the cut-off date.
- Goals must relate to cache finds or hides and must be statistically verifiable. (That is, something that can be determined by checking your Geocaching.com public profile or another publicly available website (e.g. Project-GC.com). For example, “increase my understanding of GSAK”, while a good idea, would not be an eligible goal.)
- There will be three prize draws. Third prize will be drawn from among cachers/teams that complete one goal; second prize, from among those that complete two goals; first prize, from among those that complete three goals.
- Cachers/teams are encouraged to declare goals that pose a legitimate challenge for them to accomplish.
- Prizes will be drawn for at the “cachelutions” pub night event. Cachers/teams do not have to be physically present at the pub night event either to declare their goals or to be eligible to win prizes.
- The MBGA Executive will keep a “master list” of all declared goals. This list will not be changed after the cut-off date (i.e. after February 13, 2014).
- Geocachers must be residents of Manitoba, but do not need to be members of the Manitoba Geocaching Association (MBGA) to take part or win prizes.
Vs lbh arrq n uvag... lbh arrq n arj Pnpuryhgvba. :)