Skip to content

<

Largo dos Açorianos

A cache by AntMadeira Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 02/18/2014
Difficulty:
3 out of 5
Terrain:
1 out of 5

Size: Size:   micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


LARGO DOS AÇORIANOS

Português

A cidade de Porto Alegre tem como data oficial de fundação o dia 26 de março de 1772, com a criação da Freguesia de São Francisco do Porto dos Casais, um ano depois alterada para Nossa Senhora da Madre de Deus de Porto Alegre.

O povoamento, contudo, começou em 1752, com a chegada de 60 casais portugueses açorianos, vindos das ilhas dos Açores, trazidos por meio do Tratado de Madrid para se instalarem nas Missões, região do noroeste do estado que estava a ser entregue ao Governo português em troca da Colónia de Sacramento, nas margens do Rio da Prata. A demarcação dessas terras demorou e os açorianos permaneceram no então chamado Porto de Viamão, primeira denominação de Porto Alegre.
 


O Monumento aos Açorianos, construído em 1973, possui 17 m de altura por 24 m de comprimento. Feito em aço, em linhas futuristas, obra do escultor Carlos Tenius, lembra uma caravela, composta de corpos humanos entrelaçados, tendo à frente uma figura alada que lembra o mitológico Ícaro e representa a Vitória.

A ponte de pedra substituiu uma primitiva ponte de madeira erguida quase no mesmo local por volta de 1825. É constituída por parte do aterro do Lago Guaíba. A ponte de pedra, parte integrante do conjunto, foi construída por escravos, a mando do Duque de Caxias, entre 1842 e 1848, durante o período de pacificação da província riograndense. A nova obra deveria ser mais durável e, por isso, foi construída de alvenaria de pedra. O construtor designado foi João Batista Soares da Silveira e Sousa, que utilizou escravos como mão de obra, num custo de 980 contos. A obra foi aberta ao público em 1848, ainda inacabada, e só foi concluída em 1854. A ponte cruzava um dos braços do arroio Dilúvio, que se bifurcava onde hoje está o Colégio Estadual Protásio Alves, e representava a única ligação entre o Arraial (pequena povoação) do Menino Deus e o Centro Histórico de Porto Alegre. Em 1937, o arroio começou a ser retificado, e a ponte perdeu a sua função, mas sobreviveu como memória daqueles tempos. Transformada em monumento urbano e testemunha do passado, o monumento de pedra foi tombado pelo município em 1979 e ganhou um espelho de água sob os seus três pilares em arco. Apesar disso, o nível da água foi estabelecido bastante alto, acima dos seus pilares que usualmente ficavam à vista, de modo que a ponte ficou com o aspecto de estar sob uma condição de enchente.

  • Primeiro ponto: encontrarará as coordenadas para o segundo ponto. Deve apontar as três letras que aí aparecem. (1.ª letra = A | 2.ª letra =B | 3.ª letra=C)
  • Segundo ponto: ler a frase que se encontra à sua frente. Cada letra do primeiro ponto corresponde a uma posição da frase. Converta essa posição para um número, seguindo o seguinte exemplo:

5 = 5

10 = 1+0 = 1

16 = 1+6 = 7

  • Terceiro Ponto: S 30° 02.(A+1)9(Bx2) W 051° 13.7(C-6)5

English

The city of Porto Alegre was officialy founded on March 26, 1772, with the creation of the Parish of São Francisco do Porto dos Casais, a year later changed to Our Lady Mother of God of Porto Alegre. The settlement, however, began in 1752, with the arrival of 60 Portuguese Azorean couples, from Azores islands, brought by the Treaty of Madrid to settle in the Missions, the northwest region of the state that was being delivered to the Portuguese Government in exchange of Colony of Sacramento, in the banks of the River of Plate. The demarcation of these lands took a lot of time and the Azoreans stayed at Port of Viamão, the first name of Porto Alegre.
 


The Monument to the Azoreans, built in 1973, has 17 m high and 24 m long. Made of steel, with futuristic lines, the sculptor Carlos Tenius recalls a caravel composed of intertwined human bodies, headed by a winged figure that resembles the mythological Icarus and represents Victory .

The stone bridge replaced a primitive wooden bridge erected almost in the same place around 1825 . It consists of part of the Guaiba Lake landfill. The stone bridge, part of the set, was built by slaves, at the behest of Duque of Caxias, between 1842 and 1848, during the pacification of the riograndense province. The new work should be more durable and therefore was constructed in stone masonry. The constructor was João Baptista Soares da Silveira e Sousa, who used slaves as labor, at a cost of 980 contos. The brige was opened to the public in 1848, still unfinished, and was only completed in 1854. The bridge crossed an affluent of the stream Dilúvio, which branched off in what is now the State College Protásio Alves, and represented the only connection between Arraial (little village) of Menino de Deus and the Historic Centre of Porto Alegre. In 1937, the stream began to be rectified and the bridge has lost its function but survived as a memory of those times. Transformed into an urban monument and witness of the past, the stone monument was listed by the county in 1979 and gained a water surface under its three arch pillars. Nevertheless, the water level was set very high, above their usually visible pillars, making the bridge seemingly under a flood.

  • First point: you'll find here the coordinates to the second point. You must write the three letters shown there (1st letter = A | 2nd letter = B | 3rd letter = C)
  • Second point: read the phrase ahead of you. Each letter from the first point corresponds to one position in the phrase. Convert that position into a number, following this example:

5 = 5

10 = 1+0 = 1

16 = 1+6 = 7

  • Third Point: S 30° 02.(A+1)9(Bx2) W 051° 13.7(C-6)5


Additional Hints (Decrypt)

#CG#
Cbagb 1 -> Zntaégvpn.

Cbagb 3 -> Whagb nb "cvevynzcb". Graun ngraçãb nbf zhttyrf.

#VAT#
Cbvag 1 -> Zntargvp.

Cbvag 3 -> Arkg gb gur "sversyl". Orjner jvgu zhttyrf.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)