This is a series of geocaches that you DO NOT HAVE TO DO! It is not for everyone. There is no one forcing you to do these and if you select to undertake the challenge you are doing so at your own risk! This is a series which is designed for the ultra keen geocacher. Someone who loves the adventure of a good hard cache which could include bush bashing, rock hopping and climbing, heights, cliffs and caves, hiking and some precarious positions. It is not for everyone.
You must have a good level of fitness to attempt any of these and need to be prepared for each and every one of them with the correct safety equipment. Once again, no one is forcing you to do these, but if you want to give yourself a bit of a challenge then why not have a crack! It is strongly recommended that you do this with another person because if something does go wrong you could be in a very bad position!
Always let someone know where you are going and what time you are expected to be back....
There is bush bashing involved on steep slopes when getting to this one. BYO PEN.
Part of the challenge in finding this cache is finding a way to the listing. I will warn you though that there are no trails leading to this spot.
Please take a branch to cover your tracks when in any caves. There is nothing worse than finding a spot which is ruined by the footsteps of others who have been there previously!!!
There are two ways you can complete this puzzle. Plan A which is the intended way, fun and easy way and slightly different to anything you may have done before. Or Plan B which will take you quite some time and will provide you with a head ache or two along the way. I strongly suggest you follow Plan A!! Good luck to you if you don’t….
This is a puzzle with a difference. You will need to use the provided photos in conjunction with directions to find the geocache, making it a bit more challenging.
1) From the start here reference point look up and you will see some rocky outcrops. Find the rocky outcrop shown in “picture 1” and then follow the directions from there.
2) When facing the rock shown in pic 1, turn left and make your way down slighlty, passing between another small rocky outcrop (which is a good place to stand on and spy on the houses below) and the rocky ridge to your right. Head towards the area shown in “picture 2”.
3) When at the spot shown in “picture 2” turn and face upwards where you will see “picture 3” which you will need to climb.
4) When you have climbed this area, stay to the right of the cave shown in the top of “picture 3” (look closely and you will see it)
5) Head towards the cave shown in “picture 4”. (look closely at the top of the pic)
6) When you have found that cave look to the right and you will see what is shown in “picture 5”. The cave shown in picture 5 is the GZ. The cache is inside the far end of this cave as you look at it now.
7) Be careful in this area. It can get very slippery in places and is deceptively steep. Watch out for the local fauna who use this cave also. I have seen snakes in the area and there are goanna tracks nearby. Remember that in this spot there are not too many escape routes!
Why are you even reading this? Surely you are not going to attempt this plan. This will take you much longer, will be more stressful and to be honest is just a waste of time! But if you really want to attempt Plan B then good luck!
You will have to go to Point Clare Cemetery to retrieve some of the answers.
You will find the cache at – South 33 26.ABC East 151 18.DEF
A = Comedian Spike Milligan made Woy Woy famous. His parents are buried in this cemetery. A = the section that they are buried in.
B & C= Mary Jopson sadly passed away at a young age. Both her and her mother share the same large tombstone (compared to many others). To find B you will need to find out what age Mary died at, take the smaller number and minus it from the larger number. To find C you will need to count the number of the letter O’s on the tombstone and minus 1 to get your answer.
D = ? Fill in the gaps “CATHOLIC Section 2 Row 13 Nos. 1-1?”
E =? Fill in the gaps “Memorial Garden No.1 1-6?”
F = ? Fill in the gaps “CATHOLIC Section 2 Row 13 Nos. 1-1?”
By the way, I forgot to mention. There is no need to head to any of the new graves. All the answers can be found in the older section of the cemetery. If you have for some unknown reason completed plan B, feel free to mention how long it took you in your log!!