Are you part of an elite group of geocachers? Are you a "Maker". Does your magic formula for making a geocache weave a clever container, the right location and a little bit of storytelling into a big adventure? Today is your day!
This is another breakfast event at a location that I used for my recent 3333 event. Feedback was good so I thought I'd use it again!
The event will involve all the usual fare- geochat, coin and trackable sharing, FTF draw etc etc, but it is hoped that your conversations might turn to discussions on the best caches that you have found or, indeed made.
If you wish you can enter the Maker Madness photography competition.The rules are as follows:
1) Bring in a photograph that you have taken that showcases a really good cache. There are many criteria for this but the main ones will be:
-The inventiveness of the container
-The cleverness of the hide
2) All entries must be in hard-copy and no larger than A4
3) Entries must be the work of the entrant alone
4) Photogrpahs may depict either your own cache or one belonging to another cacher.
5) Entrants must also attend the event in person.
5) There is no charge to enter the competition
6) The judges' decision will be final.
7) Calm down, it's just a bit of fun!
8) There is a prize for the winning entry, chosen by the guest panel of judges, including a special "winners" badge for your profile.
Everyone who attends this, or any other Maker Madness event this week will earn the new Maker Madness Souvenir from Groundspeak.