The coordinates above are those of the Alabama Gulf Cost Zoo in Gulf Shores, Alabama. This zoo, formerly known as zooland, was founded in 1989. It is a fairly small zoo, encompassing only about 17 acres. I have included a photo of the entrance of this zoo with my GPS. The other photos are those of the Minnesota Zoo in Apple Valley, MN.
To get credit for this cache:
- Find a zoological garden or Tierpark (other than this one) anywhere in the world that has not already been recorded.
- Mark the coordinates of the main entrance.
- Take a picture of you and your GPS or just your gps at the entrance.
- Log your visit. Be sure to provide any information you may have about the zoo. Please include their website address if you have it.
- Don't forget to upload your photos. Entries without photos will be deleted immediately without notice!
Each zoo can only be recorded once.
Each cacher/team can only post one zoo.
Your zoo must be genuine with real live animals to qualify.
I will accept animal parks to an extent, but please no bird sanctuaries or aquariums.
Please review the logs before you post to make sure that your find has not already been recorded. I adopted this cache after it was archived on December 29, 2003. The duplicates which were posted prior to December 29 will be grandfathered in. However, any duplicates received since then will be deleted.
Thanks for your cooporation in helping keep this cache alive.