Date:Saturday, May 17, 2014
The Buchwald Room is located on the 2nd floor, off the Blankstein Art Gallery. You will take the elevators next to the Grand Staircase (or use the stairs) to the 2nd floor. When coming off the elevator, you'll turn to the right and head almost to the back corner of the library. Signage will point you to the meeting rooms and if you get to the Carol Shields Auditorium, you're close, but you've gone too far. (See the attached photo for a map.) (Or click here.)
Location: Millennium Library - Buchwald Room
Food and drink is allowed in the meeting room, feel free to bring a lunch.
There is ample street parking available around the library, but there is also an underground parkade right under the library. You can enter off of Donald St southbound. Street parking is free for two hours on Saturdays, but bear in mind that this is a 3 hour event.
Topics that can be covered
- Navigating Geocaching.com
- Logging finds, how/when to use other log types
- Navigating mbga.ca + forums
- Cachesense for Blackberry and Android
- Using your GPS (breakout groups*)
- Sending coordinates to your GPS
- What is a Pocket Query and how to set one up. (this is only available for Premium Member)
- After hiding your own cache, how to set it up for listing. (Basic instructions.)
11:45 - 1:00
- GSAK (for PC users)
One brief tutorial for advanced users I can offer is how to run GSAK on multiple locations. For example, a home desktop and a travel laptop.
Using HTML For your cache listings
These are some of the topics that can be covered. This training is/will be flexible to the needs of the people who attend. If we need more of one item and less of another, this can be changed. If you have questions you're hoping to learn the answer to, please record your question in your 'will attend' log. The most 'votes' for a subject area will recieve the most attention.
* The breakout groups for training to use your GPS is to pair up experienced users (if possible) with similar models of GPS units.
*** BYOD Bring your own device! Guest Wi-fi will be available, if needed. Feel free to bring your own laptop or electronics.