The cache is not at the posted co-ordinates, so it's not necessary to go there - but it might prove interesting. Solve the puzzle below to find out the location of the cache; a 35mm-sized container.
Identify this famous Hampshire resident.
- Person X was born in the county but their family moved to London soon afterwards.
- Person X had many jobs during their lifetime, the first of which was in the packaging department for a retail product company. Person X later began to work in a law firm and latterly as a freelance reporter. None of these occupations is that for which person X is really famous.
- Person X's financial situation was a bit of a roller-coaster throughout their life. On occasions they experienced great poverty and yet at other times were wealthy enough to behave philanthropically in the company of some very rich people.
- Person X is better known for their creative endeavours (and indeed is known world-wide for them), but also had quite a bit to say about socio-economic issues.
- Person X was married and had 10 children. However, the marriage was not necessarily an entirely happy one and they separated before person X's death which was caused by a stroke.
- Person X died in Kent and is buried somewhere quite famous too.
IMPORTANT: As of 11 April 2019 the position of the final cache has been changed. It is now about 40 feet to the North of the previous hiding place. The formula and geochecker have been changed to reflect the new location. If you have previously solved the puzzle you can either
(a) re-work your figures using the same data and NEW formula, shown below or
(b) simply add .006 to the Northings and add .001 to the Westings of your ORIGINAL calculations.
If you have not solved the puzzle before, please use the new formula, shown below.
Once you've identified who this is, check the usual sources for their dates of birth and death in the following format:
D.O.B. dd/mm/yyyy = AB/CD/EFGH
D.O.D. dd/mm/yyyy = JK/LM/NPQR
You'll find the cache at N 50° 4(E+F).EKP W 001° 0(D+H).C(M-D)(Q-G)