Divide the View is a two site cache - you need to go to the first place to get the co-ordinates for the main cache. We did this so that you could enjoy the fantastic views over the River Severn. It's a lovely spot for a picnic and you can see the site of our first cache, Tyndale's Stump. On a clear day you can see the Malvern Hills as well.
Park at grid reference 0379425 0201200.
Walk to the Topograph @ 51°N42.445 02°W18.049 and find the answer to these clues. Substitute the answers into the reference below to get the final location of the cache.
AB° CD.EFG North HI° JK.LMN West
The distance from the topograph to:
- the place where the wild birds land gives you A
- the place where the Queen gets her water from gives you D and C
- the place where races are held gives you F and E
- a large wooded area divided in two gives you G and K
- the place to get twice the amount of cheese gives you M and N
- where Edward Jenner did his smallpox experiments gives you L
- sounds like what you have in a pie with steak gives you J and H
- Newnham on Severn minus Sharpness docks gives you I
- somewhere a long way down from something mechanical gives you B
Once you've solved the clues, go to the Woodchester Park carpark @
51°N42.666 02°17.550 to park (it costs £1.50).
Look in the 'birdbox without a hole' to get a clue about where to go. You might feel a little blue if you choose the wrong walk through the woods!
Once you've found the cache you could spend a long time here as there is a lot to see. One of the lakes in the park has WWII American tanks in the bottom of it! See if you can find the herd of Tamworth pigs.
For more information go to this web site. As the tree cover might prove a little problematical the final reference is actually in a clearing where there's a very good view down over the park and our GPS worked fine. When you are standing at the final reference point the cache is hidden at the foot of the tree that divides the view.The container is a Tupperware Box wrapped in a black bag.