The idea of this cache is to link three disparate locations together with super human steps (Leaps) of logic. Each cacher must “link” the first location of his/her report to the last location of the previous report, and then progress from there. The way that each location is linked is limited only by your imagination, and your ability to justify each step. The only stipulation is that you must visit each of your locations, and provide the usual photographic evidence. Please note you DO NOT have to visit the last location of the previous log, in fact you needn’t be in the same city, province, state or even country. And of course each location can only be visited once. Please use your imagination, as any log that simply reads; “My location ‘A’ is in the same city/state/country as the last location in the previous log, and location ‘B’ is also in the same city/state/country, and location ‘C’ is also in the same city/state/country” Will be deleted.
To ensure that you don’t go to a whole lot of hard work, thinking up a series of links, and collecting evidence, and then get beaten to the punch by another cacher. Please post a note in the cache log stating that you are preparing a “found it” log for the cache. Please ensure that having done this that you are in a position to post your “found it” log within 12 hours of posting your note, as we will delete any note that has gone more than 24 hours without being followed by a “found it” log.
The Rules in Summary
To kick this cache off here are our three locations and the leaps of logic we used to link them;
- Select three disparate locations
- Link then together with giant leaps of logic
- You must visit each of your three locations and provide photographic evidence. All the usual rules of locationless caching apply here.
- Your first location must be “logically” linked to the last location of the last “found it” log. Which you do not have to visit.
- Be as imaginative as you like so long as you can convincingly justify the links between each of your locations.
- If the same logic is used to link all you locations together, your log will be deleted.
- Post an “I’m working on it!” note in the cache log, before posting your “found it” log, to let other cacher’s know you are working on this cache.
- If an “I’m working on it!” note is not followed up with a “found it” log within 12 hours, it will be deleted (after 24 hours) to give another cacher a chance to do this cache.
- Please make sure you give enough information about your last location, to allow following cachers to do a bit of research so that they are able to continue the cache.
- Each location may be used only once
- Have fun and above all use your imagination.
Location 1) S 37º 58.610’ / E 145º 05.516’
Location 1 is within the Moorabbin Air Museum located within the ground of the Moorabbin (Harry Hawker) Airport, at this point a Sea Venom (Jet fighter) is on display. The Sea Venom was manufactured by a company called De Haviland (now known as Hawker De Haviland, a second strand to this link) who have a site at location 2.
Location 2) S 37º 49.701' / E 144º 54.119'
Location 3) S 37º 48.402’ / E 144º 57.682’
The Hawker De Haviland plant is located at Fishermans Bend, Melbourne. This plant is located next to a wet land reserve, at which large flocks of Ibis gather from time to time. Ibis is the name of a chain of Hotels, one of which is located (our location 3) In Therry St, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Having given this a good hard kick into the ether, let’s sit back and see were some twisted thinking takes this cache.