This geocache is one in a series called St. James Farm. When you find this cache, you can obtain a code needed to find the series final called:
St. James Farm Final
Old Stone Path
You are standing near two of the dressage ring’s that were used for horse events. St. James Farm served as a venue for eventing, a two or three-day competition that combined dressage, cross-country and stadium jumping to test the training, endurance and skills of horse and rider. Many features were added to the east farm to accommodate the competitions including three dressage and two warm-up rings. The farm hosted eventing competitions every May. Dressage measure harmony between horse and rider during a series of controlled and gaited movements performed by memory. By the early 1980’s, St. James Farm served as the Chicago area’s first dressage facility of international caliber.
1. This Geocache is placed on DuPage County Forest Preserve property with permission. Permit #317
2. Do not place the following items in the Geocache: Food items, inappropriate, offensive, or hazardous materials.
3. DuPage County Forest Preserve hours are 1 hour after sunrise until 1 hour after sunset. Preserve users must not be in the preserves after hours.
4. It is the visitor’s responsibility to be aware of the policies and rules pertaining to this preserve. For more information on preserve rules contact Visitor Services at (630) 933-7248.
5. All Statutes, Ordinances, rules and regulations pertaining to the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County are applicable.