This geocache is one in a series called St. James Farm. When you find this cache, you can obtain a code needed to find the series final called:
St. James Farm Final
Years ago, I heard about a cache called Mr. Little Guy near Minneapolis, where my sisters lived. It was a virtual cache placed near a favorite community landmark. While caching here, I looked for perfect spots to have a similar cache and I never came across one that was just right. I knew that FPDDC didn't allow exactly what I wanted to create, but while Alex and I were out biking weeks ago, I found what might be used in its place. I thought I could modify this item and make it unique. With Eagle Son's help, I was able to get it completed. After the initial work, I spent a bit of time shopping and staining and interior decorating and then there was epoxy involved as well!
When my son Alex was a young boy, he loved reading the Magic Treehouse series of books and so I named this cache after that fun fact.
After you have found this cache, it would be a great time to find the final for this cache: SJF 2 - Artwork Letterbox.
The Fishing Pond on the way to Magic Treehouse
After I found the item, I called my friend Eagle Son who I knew might have just what was needed and thankfully, he was willing and able to help. I had a great time working with him to create this cache. All through the process I thought of my Dad and how I worked with him growing up. He would have loved the shop and the fact that I got to use a chainsaw, power hand saw, staple gun and band saw. Eagle Son did the majority of the cutting and then let me participate as well until I felt like I was in a horror movie. He put up with my type-A personality and made things wider or steeper and also provided the hardware that was used. We worked together on the detail work at the end of the project. Eagle Son has an amazing shop and my Dad would have been impressed with the amount of equipment and the fact that it has a wonderful vacuum system for clean ups. Thank you so much for the help Eagle Son!
1. This Geocache is placed on DuPage County Forest Preserve property with permission. Permit #319
2. Do not place the following items in the Geocache: Food items, inappropriate, offensive, or hazardous materials.
3. DuPage County Forest Preserve hours are 1 hour after sunrise until 1 hour after sunset. Preserve users must not be in the preserves after hours.
4. It is the visitor’s responsibility to be aware of the policies and rules pertaining to this preserve. For more information on preserve rules contact Visitor Services at (630) 933-7248.
5. All Statutes, Ordinances, rules and regulations pertaining to the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County are applicable.