Skip to Content

This cache has been archived.

Susi Sonnenschein: Hallo gabba53,

da sich hier scheinbar nichts weiter tut und leider keine weitere Reaktion auf Reviewer-Notes kamen, archiviere ich diesen Cache.

Wenn du an dieser Stelle wieder einen Cache platzieren möchtest, kannst du selbstverständlich gern ein neues Listing zum Review einreichen.

Bitte denke daran, eventuellen Geomüll (Cachebehälter, Zwischenstationen) wieder einzusammeln.

Mit (trotzdem) sonnigen Grüßen

Susi Sonnenschein
('Official Geocaching.com Volunteer Reviewer ™')

Respect the Game!

More
<

Hans Erlwein in Dresden - Der Erlweinspeicher

A cache by gabba53 Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 7/7/2014
Difficulty:
2 out of 5
Terrain:
1 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Zur Person:

Johann Jacob Erlwein (* 13. Juni 1872 in Bayerisch Gmain; † 9. Oktober 1914 Amagne-Lucquy bei Rethel (Frankreich)) war ein Dresdner Stadtbaurat des frühen 20. Jahrhunderts, unter dessen Leitung die Stadt ein modernes Antlitz erhielt. Den Vornamen Hans hatte er sich selbst gegeben.

Er wurde am 17. November 1904 auf Empfehlung seines Vorgängers Cornelius Gurlitt als Stadtbaurat von Dresden gewählt und übernahm 1905 das Hochbauamt der Stadt, nachdem er hier zuvor schon vielbeachtete Bauten geschaffen hatte. 1910 erhielt er die lebenslange Berufung zu diesem Amt. Erlwein baute in Dresden ein Dutzend Schulen, Verwaltungsgebäude, aber auch den großen Schlachthof, ein Wasserwerk und einen Gasbehälter.

Hans Erlwein gründete 1906 in Dresden die Künstlervereinigung Die Zunft, die neben ihren hehren Absichten, der Sicherung von Zweckmäßigkeit, Klarheit, Schlichtheit und Gliederung des Aufbaus sowie Einordnung in die Umgebung, auch die Auftragsvergabe positiv nur für ihre Mitglieder bestimmte. Erlwein war Vorstandsmitglied im Dürerbund, und er gehörte dem Deutschen Werkbund an. 1910 verlieh ihm die TH Dresden den Professorentitel. Seit seiner Zeit in Bamberg war Erlwein Freimaurer, bei der Dresdner Loge Zum Goldenen Apfel hatte er Gaststatus.

Weitere Infos: http://saebi.isgv.de/biografie/Hans_Erlwein_%281872-1914%29

Zum Speicher

Als Relikt der industriellen Ära ist der zwischen Landtag und Kongresszentrum gelegene Speicher das älteste Gebäude des Ensembles Neue Terrasse.

Der Erlweinspeicher wurde in den Jahren 1913 und 1914 als städtischer Speicher für die Lagerung von Tabak, Wolle, Gewürzen und Stoffen durch den Dresdner Stadtbaurat Hans Erlwein erbaut, nach dem es aber erst in neuerer Zeit benannt wurde. Da er weithin sichtbar in unmittelbarer Nähe der Innenstadt steht, versuchte Erlwein, die Wirkung der großen Gebäudemasse durch die Form typisch barocker Bürgerhäuser und die kleinteilige Dachlandschaft im Stadtbild abzumildern. Das Gebäude wurde nach dem Baukastenprinzip in nur fünfzehn Monaten als Eisenbeton-Skelettbau errichtet und bot eine Nutzfläche von circa 19.800 Quadratmetern bei einer Breite von 36 Metern, 76 Metern Länge und einer Höhe bis zum Dachfirst von rund 39,50 Metern.

Von November 2004 bis zum Mai 2006 wurde der leerstehende Speicher in ein Kongress-Hotel der „gehobenen Mittelklasse“ für die Maritim-Gruppe umgebaut, die auch das benachbarte Kongresszentrum, mit dem es verbunden ist, betreibt. Während des Umbaus wurde das denkmalgeschützte Gebäude innen entkernt, um Platz für ein durch alle Geschosse gehendes Atrium zu schaffen. Am 15. Mai 2006 fand die feierliche Eröffnung statt. Im 45. Maritim-Hotel sind 328 Zimmer, davon 40 Suiten, vorhanden.

Spoiler:

Viel Spaß!

Personal information:

Johann Jacob Erlwein (born 13 June 1872 in Bayerisch Gmain, Germany, 9th October 1914) Amagne-Lucquy at Rethel (France) was a Dresden city builder of the early 20th century, under whose leadership the city was given a modern face. The first name Hans he had given himself. On 17 November 1904, he was elected as a town councilor by Dresden on the recommendation of his predecessor, Cornelius Gurlitt. In 1905, he took over the building construction department of the city, after having erected much-respected buildings here. In 1910 he received the lifelong appeal to this office. In Dresden, Erlwein built a dozen schools, administrative buildings, but also the large slaughterhouse, a waterworks and a gas container. Hans Erlwein founded the artist's association in Dresden in 1906. In addition to its noble intentions, the safeguarding of practicality, clarity, simplicity and structure of the structure, as well as classification into the surrounding area, Hans Erlwein also determined the award of contracts positively only for its members. Erlwein was a member of the Board of Diirerbund, and he belonged to the German Werkbund. In 1910 the Dresden awarded him the title of professor. Since his time in Bamberg, Erlwein was Freimaurer, at the Dresdner Loge Zum Goldenen Apfel he had guest status. Further information:
http://saebi.isgv.de/biografie/Hans_Erlwein_%281872-1914%29

About the store

As a relict of the industrial era, the store located between Landtag and Congress Center is the oldest building of the Ensemble Neue Terrasse. The Erlweinspeicher was built in the years 1913 and 1914 as urban storage for the storage of tobacco, wool, spices and substances by the Dresden city builder Hans Erlwein, according to which it however only in recent time was designated. Since he is visibly visible in the immediate vicinity of the inner city, Erlwein tried to mitigate the effect of the large building mass by the form of typical baroque burgher houses and the small-scale roof landscape in the cityscape. The building was erected as an iron concrete skeleton structure in just fifteen months and offered a usable area of ​​approximately 19,800 square meters with a width of 36 meters, a length of 76 meters and a height of up to the roof first of about 39.50 meters. From November 2004 to May 2006, the resident store was converted into a "superior middle class" congress hotel for the Maritim Group, which also operates the neighboring convention center with which it is connected. During the reconstruction, the listed building was gutted inside to make room for an atrium running through all the floors. On 15 May 2006, the opening ceremony took place. The 45th Maritim Hotel has 328 rooms, of which 40 are suites.

Spoiler:

Have fun!

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

jrvßrf Xerhm na Znhre (Fcbvyre) - trtraüore uäatraq

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

3,162 Logged Visits

Found it 3,098     Didn't find it 5     Write note 19     Archive 1     Temporarily Disable Listing 5     Enable Listing 4     Publish Listing 1     Needs Maintenance 14     Owner Maintenance 14     Post Reviewer Note 1     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 88 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated:
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.