Bring a picnic and some chairs/blankets... bring children if they are well behaved. Same goes for dogs... but please pick up their mess!
As it is bound to rain we can decamp into the Riverside Centre itself to shelter from the inevitable rain.
The centre is just off the Glanrhyd Roundabout on the A4067.
Directions can be found here: http://www.arenapontardawe.com/location.htm
If you come by bike, please follow the Sustrans Cycle Route Number 43.
You can walk from the village of Pontardawe along the tow path of the canal, or from Ystalyfera along the Cycle Path. Again, see the directions above.
Some boring Health and Safety rules
- There is a river and a canal nearby, please ensure children and dogs do not wonder off unsupervised.
- Please pick up your dog's mess.
- If you bring a BBQ please ask for instructions where it can be used, there is an 'area'. Please do not place disposable BBQs on the flat rocks, they look like a perfect place to put a BBQ, but the centre are very proud of their rocks and don't want them scorched or burnt. They have asked me to tell you this.
- Please leave the site as you find it, bring a rubbish bag and take your litter home with you at the end of the event.
- But mostly, please try to have fun, we appreciate it is a Monday, and you will feel miserable because it is the holidays and it is raining... it is Wales after all!
All well and good we will repeat this exercise again on the 1st of September!