Melbourne railway station was a station at Kings Newton that served the adjacent town of Melbourne, Derbyshire, England. It was opened in 1868 as the terminus of a Midland Railway branch from Derby Midland. In 1874 it became a through station as the line was extended to a junction on the Leicester to Burton upon Trent Line near Ashby-de-la-Zouch.
In 1930 passenger services were withdrawn and the Midland's successor, the London, Midland and Scottish Railway, was using the line only for freight services. During the Second World War the line became the Melbourne Military Railway and Melbourne station became its headquarters. In 1945 the War Department returned the line and station to the LMS.
In 1980 British Railways closed the line and by the 1990s the track had been dismantled. The trackbed through the former station is now part of National Cycle Route 6.
CACHE IS A MAGNETIC SAMPLE TUBE