A quick cache and dash at Kenley station on the Caterham branch line.
The station was originally opened on 5 August 1856 as Coulsdon Station and renamed Kenley shortly after.
On Platform 2 stands a gabled Grade II listed building station house. This was the original station building which housed a small waiting room for passengers and the original ticket office. In 1899 when the Caterham line was made double-track, a new brick Ticket Office was built on the opposite Platform at road level.
The original station house was disused and boarded up for a long time, but fortunately was protected by its listed status. The house was sold to a private owner in 2007.
The original SER timber-built waiting shelter on Platform 2 was demolished in more recent times due to disrepair and has been replaced with a small modern shelter