I guess by now you all have seen 29Kenneth's event in Ullerslev (GC5M3CR), right?
Since I have never been to that area before, I wanna make the best of this trip, so here is the plan I came up with:
- at 07:00 leave Odense by bike, visiting all the caches on the road to Ullerslev via Rynkeby (approximative distance 26km - track details here);
- from 10:00 to 15:00 attending Kenneth's event;
- after 15:00 - finishing the rest of the caches in Ullerslev, if there are any left;
- after 18:00 - Ullerslev after-party starts:
- meeting at the given coordinates (the scouts shelters), getting to know each other (if there are new geocachers besides those that came to the morning event);
- 18:30 I shall release a new nightcache that starts nearby the meeting place. Most likely the hunt will be over at about 20:00 hours;
- after the cache hunt we shall have a lovely evening near the camp fire telling stories, having a barbecue or sausages on a stick and playing cards (UNO, SkipBo or/and Timeline);
- during this socializing part there will be a event logbook going around, for everybody to sign;
spending the night sleeping in the shelters (that limits the participants to 10-12 since each shelter can hold up to 6 persons);
- after the barbecue we will return to Odense on a different road so that we can visit other caches. Track details here.
So.. anybody wanna join the fun?
If you never cycled long distances do not forget to have food and water in your backpack, a spare tire and most important: working bike lights and spare batteries. As usual, I shall have bike tools with me and a pump so you do not need to worry about that.
For the dinner (at the camp fire) we will buy stuff durring the day from a local supermarket so we don't have tocarry to much luggage on the bikes.
I would love for everybody to take part in all the steps listed here, but a valid "attended" log will also be accepted if a geocacher attends the event from 18:00 until the nightcache is found and the event logbook signed.
Please write in your "will attend" log if you plan to join us from start to finish, as listed above, or only at the camp site.
March 7 at 6:50 meeting place for the cyclists is Buen i Biskorup (GC2C3JY) by Klabautermanden. If you wish to meet us somewhere else on the route please mention that in your "will attend" log!
The event is officially over after getting back to Odense!
Hope to see you there!