“RICHLAND should be your LAST STOP when picking up your coin. Go to Pasco, Kennewick and West Richland before going to Richland. They will stamp your passport and give you the city X's. Take the completed passport to Richland and they will give you the Richland X and the base map.”
The above coordinates will take you to a parking area.
1. Head east on small trail just southeast of the parking lot to coords N 46 11.180, W 119 09.473.
2. Once there, count the planks on the foot bridge.
3. Then head north on the same trail to N 46 11.210 W 119 09.444.
4. Count the planks on the foot bridge.
5. Now, take the number of planks at the first footbridge and multiply it by 4.
6. Then, add the results to the first foot bridge North coords.
7. Then take the number of planks at the second footbridge, subtract one, and multiply the result by two.
8. Subtract that number from the West coords on the first foot bridge.
9. Input the new coords into your Phone or GPS..
10. These are the final coords. Make your way to this location to find the cache.
Tri-Cities 2015 Geocoin Challenge
Hidden Treasures of the Mid-Columbia
- Travel around Tri-Cities (including West Richland) to find 28 of the 32 geocaches and 1 of the 4 multi or puzzle caches to earn a geocoin map with four trackable “X marks the spot” magnetic puzzle pieces.
- All the caches have code words or paper punches. You will need a total of 7 in any combination for each city, plus 1 multi/mystery of your choice (multi/mystery caches are shaded) for a total of 29 cache finds.
- Upon successful completion of the challenge, one X per city and one base map will be awarded per household (which will give you one complete set).
- Kids (12 and under) who complete the challenge the weekend of the event will receive a prize.
- You must also have a geocache account to receive your geocoin.
Geocoin Challenge Entry Form
Kennewick: K01-GC5P0CA, K02-GC5P0CG, K03-GC5P0DT, K04-GC5P0EC, K05-GC5P0EM, K06-GC5P0EX, K07-GC5RDBT, K08-GC5VR3A
Pasco: P01-GC5PHWF, P02-GC5PHWC, P03-GC5PHW8, P04-GC5PHVD, P05-GC5PHWP, P06-GC5PHWT, P07-GC5PHVT, GC5PHVM
Richland: R01-GC5NXTX, R02-GC5RMEP, R03-GC5MZQX, R04-GC5MZR1, R05-GC5NXX1, R06-GC5NXR8, R07-GC5NXRM, R08-GC5NXTJ
West Richland: W01-GC5PKN1, W02-GC5PKN3, W03-GC5PKN5, W04-GCPKN6, W05-GC5PKNA, W06-GC5PKNB, W07-GC5PKND, W08GCPKNF