This is a challenge cache, so please only log it as a find if you have both found & signed the log book, and meet the necessary criteria as detailed in the rules below.
To claim this cache, you need to have found 16 (or more) caches in the Little Bridges series within a single calendar date
I will now give a brief explanation as to how this challenge cache came about. I have set myself a personal caching goal of clearing all caches within a 5km radius of home. I had got this down to about 10 - 15 left, but I was happy to leave these to help fill some missing calendar dates this year, ready for 366 completion on February 29th 2016. Then Little Bridges # 400 Challenge cache was published, only about 2km from home!!!! And at the time, I had only found about half of the required number, and knew this was not going to be a quick and easy challenge to complete.
Anyway, I had a couple of good days, and was soon much nearer the 100 LB's needed (And with a few others found recently, I have now achieved the 100 finds in South Glos needed for the #400 Challenge, but still need to go and find it!!). My best day, with the most Little Bridge caches found, totalled 16, so I thought I create a challenge cache for cachers to match, or exceed, that number too.
Why the Banana Bridge?
This bridge is used, mostly by students going to or from the nearby secondary school.
The students often refer to this as the banana bridge, due to the gentle curving nature of the bridge which is not dissimilar to the shape of a banana.
- All finds towards this challenge cache, MUST have been found on a single calendar date. Within a single 24 hour period is not enough.
- All finds towards this challenge cache, MUST be listed in the Little Bridges Series, as detailed in the public bookmark by Stanthews here.
- Finds still count even if the cache subsequently gets archived.
- This bridge cannot be used as 1 of the 16 qualifying finds - this would have to be the 17th of the day if completing the challenge in a single day.
- If you wish to 'find' this cache but do not yet qualify, write a note on this page and convert it to a smiley when you later qualify but making sure you inform me of the change so I can check your qualifying caches.
- You must provide some evidence to show that you have fulfiled the criteria for this cache e.g. caches listed in your log, bookmark list or any other means which will enable me to check your entitlement to log a find..See below for suggested methods of checking
- Found logs that don't qualify will be deleted.
- Qualifying finds of finders who don't sign the physical log book will also be deleted. - I will check the log book periodically
- Optional Extra - In your log, tell us which was your favourite Little Bridge cache on the day you qualified for this challenge.
To see if you qualify, you can use one or more of the methods detailed below;
You may need to authenticate your account, but once you have done this, click Run Checker.
If you qualify, the output will give you something like this;
I qualify by having total finds of 16 on date 2015-02-21
- GC59W5A : Little Bridges # 301 Whitfield
- GC57HYD : Little Bridges # 263 Gully Lane
- GC57J1E : Little Bridges # 264 A 2 Plank footbridge.
- GC56FNT : Little Bridges # 250 Rockhampton Rhine
- GC56FN2 : Little Bridges # 255 Scotlands Farm 1
- GC56FNF : Little Bridges # 256 Scotlands Farm 2
- GC56FMK : Little Bridges # 254 just off Nupdown road
- GC531AT : Little Bridges # 207 -2 of 9 Cider Orchard
- GC5HP22 : Little Bridges # 372 Dairy Farm
- GC5HP1X : Little Bridges # 371 Lowgoods Farm
- GC5ACM7 : Little Bridges # 307; Oldbury Naite Rhine
- GC5H35P : Little Bridges # 364 Featherbed lane
- GC5HP1F : Little Bridges # 368 Yew Tree Farm
- GC577X2 : Little bridges #274;USA Mega series #31;New Mexico
- GC531C0 : Little Bridges # 208 -3 of 9 Pool Brook Kington
- GC577W3 : Little bridges #273;USA Mega series #30;New Jersey
Using Dr.Al's GeoChecker:
Big thanks to Dr.Al for setting this up for me.
NOTE: This method will only work for Premium Members.
Basic members should use the next method, as this should work for you
Visit Geocaching "In One Day" Challenges
Then follow the instructions on how to download your "My Finds PQ"
Once you have run the checker, you will get a list of all your qualifying finds. If you have found more than 16, then you are good to go and find this cache.
This will give you some output similar to this;
No | Cache | Found | Cache Name
1 | GC577X2 | 21-02-2015 | Little bridges #274;USA Mega series #31;New Mexico
2 | GC5HP1X | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 371 Lowgoods Farm
3 | GC531C0 | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 208 -3 of 9 Pool Brook Kington
4 | GC577W3 | 21-02-2015 | Little bridges #273;USA Mega series #30;New Jersey
5 | GC56FMK | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 254 just off Nupdown road
6 | GC56FNT | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 250 Rockhampton Rhine
7 | GC57HYD | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 263 Gully Lane
8 | GC57J1E | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 264 A 2 Plank footbridge.
9 | GC531AT | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 207 -2 of 9 Cider Orchard
10 | GC5H35P | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 364 Featherbed lane
11 | GC59W5A | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 301 Whitfield
12 | GC5HP1F | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 368 Yew Tree Farm
13 | GC56FNF | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 256 Scotlands Farm 2
14 | GC5HP22 | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 372 Dairy Farm
15 | GC5ACM7 | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 307; Oldbury Naite Rhine
16 | GC56FN2 | 21-02-2015 | Little Bridges # 255 Scotlands Farm 1
I'm not aware of a quick and easy way to find this out, but if you are a GSAK user, I'm sure you will be able to filter your finds to show only Little Bridge caches.
Then you could sort these by find date, and look for the larger blocks of finds in one day
To search for caches with 'Little' and 'Bridge' in the name, use the following 'Where' filter;
g_regex ('^"?little bridge',name)
Using the Old School Method
If you are not a Premium member, and / or don't use GSAK, then I'm afraid you'll need to think back to when you may have found enough caches to qualify, and use your finds under your profile on geocaching.com to work out the Little Bridge caches needed to qualify.
A qurlez first to find certificate is awaiting the first finder.
This is a medium/small sized cache, with space for small swag items and small TBs.
Please replace as found, ensuring it is hidden from view from the path side of the tree.
The Little Bridges series was started by Stanthews in 2009 to highlight small footbridges in remote parts of Wiltshire. Since then the series has been expanded by others all over the country and starting to spread fast, Damian from Winter Foxes has created and updates a list of cachers who has found 10 or more little bridges and can be found here, if you would like to add to the series, please contact Stan here and he will give you a number for your bridge, to qualify, the bridge must be a foot bridge too small for vehicles, please make sure your title exactly matches “Little Bridges # xx then name” including spaces so it will get picked up and added to Damian’s list.