Join us for the kick-off of the 2015 Columbus Metro Parks GeoTrail on May 16th 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the Highbanks Metro Park, Lewis Center, Ohio. The event will be held at the Dragonfly Day Camp off W. Powell Road. Members of the Metro Parks GeoTrail Team will be given early access to the coordinates for the Metro Parks GeoTrail 2015. Coordinates will be published on Geocaching.com on May 17th. Please post “will attend” if you plan to join us.
The event will include a drawing for "First to Find" access to the coordinates. Plan to arrive close to 10 a.m. to get your caching team's name in the drawing. Remaining participants will receive coordinates after the drawing.
The first 100 geocaching teams to find 15 GeoTrail caches, complete the GeoTrail Code page and return the page to a location listed on the Code page will be awarded a trackable 2015 Metro Parks GeoTrail coin. Coins will be awarded in September at the GeoTrail Celebration.
The GeoTrail is designed for all ages. We hope to see you there!
How to participate if you cannot attend the event:
• Go to www.metroparks.net to find complete instructions and print the GeoTrail page and search for the Columbus Metro Parks caches at geocaching.com on or after May 17th.
• Go to the coordinates using your GPS unit and search for a camouflaged, plastic container, a micro or other tricky container.
• Sign the log, trade trinkets, and read the information under the lid. Add the code to the relevant park.
• Return to www.geocaching.com to log your find(s) and post comments or photographs. We read the comments and enjoy seeing your photos!
• Once you find at least 15 caches and have logged them with geocaching.com, return your completed GeoTrail Code Words page to Metro Parks, 1069 W. Main Street, Westerville, or to a nature center at Battelle Darby Creek, Blacklick Woods, Blendon Woods or Highbanks Metro Parks. Nature Centers are normally staffed on weekdays noon - 8 p.m. and weekends 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
• Teams completing the Trail are invited to a GeoTrail Celebration on September 12th. Coins will be awarded at the Celebration to the first 100 cache teams correctly completing the GeoTrail Code page. (One coin per geocaching user name/team.)
For more information on Metro Parks and park maps go to http://www.metroparks.net.