The station was officially opened to the public in 1929 but a simple platform had existed here since at least 1903. In October 1913, the Parish Council contacted Colonel Stephens about the possibility of establishing a public halt near the church but nothing happened until 1929. In August 1929, the unexpected announcement was made that construction of a request stop at Salehurst had begun. The station was no more than a single platform with a wooden bench and nameboard and began to appear in public timetables from 1929. The nearby small village comprised of little more than a church, a public house and a cluster of houses. Robertsbridge could be reached easily on foot which was probably quicker than the usual late-running trains which ultimately led to the demise of the station here.
Following nationalisation and the creation of British Railways, Salehurst Halt was considered for closure on the basis that it was "never used". The halt remained open until the formal withdrawal of passenger services on Saturday 2 January 1954. Soon after public closure, the platform was removed by British Railways. The final passenger train to traverse the section of the line through Salehurst was a Locomotive Club of Great Britain special hauled by LB&SCR A1 class Nos. 32662 and 32670 on 11 June 1961.
Bring your own pen. Initials only on log please as space is limited. The log sheet is write in the rain paper so can be signed even if wet!