INTERNATIONAL GEOCACHING DAY 2015
Every year on the third Saturday of August, Geocaching.com marks this day as International Geocaching Day to celebrate geocaching all over the world. Groundspeak have their annual Block Party on this day and this year will mark their last Block Party.
Every year South African Geocachers also celebrate this day with various events across the country. This event is planned for ALL Western Cape Geocachers, as well as any other Geocachers visiting from far and near.
We would love you to join in on a KITE FLYING event as it’s going to be a fun thing, on the beach.
Bring along a kite that you have, or better, bring along material to make a kite with your family. We'll then give the beautiful geocaching kites a go and see which one flies the longest. This is just for fun and it is an opportunity to do something interesting and different with your children or significant other! As August is traditionally the windiest month, we look forward to watching all the creative kites fly together.
Oh, oh, oh!
Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let's go fly a kite!
Then when we get hungry, let's BRING AND BRAAI and relax in this special part of the West Coast.
For those that are brave, can take a dip in the ice cold blue lagoon.
Programme for the day:
This Event will take place on Saturday, 15th August 2015 from 10h00 to 13h00. However, you can come on the Friday anytime and stay over for the weekend in our beautiful town of Langebaan, or any of the nice fisherman’s villages close by.
Saturday, 15 August 2015
(From 10h00 to 13h00)
· Breakfast or Coffee at Drift Wood restaurant (All drinks and meals for your own account)
· Having fun chatting and discovering TB’s
· Kite making or assemble
· Go onto the beach for Kite flying
· Braai - lunch time (Look out for the braai Event (GC60KXB) as place of gathering will change. Braai wood will be supplied but this will be a Bring and Braai)
· Go geocaching on premises or in the nearby surrounding area
· Braai - dinner time and chatting all the way till late at night (Braai wood will be supplied but this will be a Bring and Braai that will start in the afternoon)
The idea of this event is to get as many geocachers and their families together to celebrate geocaching.
We hope to see you all there!