Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Solstice, the day twice a year when the sun stops its seasonal march across the sky and appears to stand still. Summer when it stops at the northern extent, and winter for us when the sun is at it's southernmost reach. In honor of the timeless event of the summer solstice, a cache has been established that uses a place where the sun is always stopped high overhead, forever in Solstice.
A unique cache to track as the summer days begin, providing ample daylight for this visual hunt. Fun by car or bicycle!
This urban cache hunt starts at the coordinates given at the top of the page. Ideally it follows a 9.3 mile path to the sun then use the GPS to find the cache box.
Find the Solstice sun by following the general direction of the setting sun by observing the posted pictures in order from one to fourteen. Each picture is looking in the direction down the road you must travel. Continue to travel this road until you see the intersection in the next picture and then travel the new direction. After picture 14 you must find the sun as it appears in its image.
Find the address of the building next to the sun of perpetual solstice. The address is four digits, the first three digits are A, B, and C. Use the digits to fill in the coordinate N 35.0A.03C W 106.3B.C71 This will take you from the sun that never sets to a place 100 feet east of a flame that never extinguishes. Look in the center of a light colored bush to find the 4x4 inch plastic box filled with good trinkets.
Those with local knowledge may be able to study the images and skip ahead, but be warned, many roads look alike and if time is misspent, when the real sun sets this cache will be highly difficult.
Keen powers of observation are paramount here as is an eye for detail. If your powers fail you the sun can be found by alternate means through your extensive knowledge of all things solar.
Decrypt and answer the hint/spoiler questions in order. The number of letters or numbers in each one word or one number answer corresponds to the number in the coordinate. Example, if the first answer was Moon, the Latitude (N) would start with the number 4. If the answer has 10 letters, then the coordinate's number would be zero. If the answer is a number, then the coordinate's answer would be the number of digits, NOT the answer number itself. There are fifteen questions to solve for the cache coordinates N XX.XX.XXX W XXX.XX.XXX. Please do not post answers!
Good Luck! May the sun be with you! Helodriver
mini CD, lightstick, .50 cal shell, wrench, star wars toys, cache glyph rock, brachiopod fossil, drawstring pouch, postage stamps, and a fake nickel.
This is the second box placed and its in a totally new place as the original was plundered, Enjoy!
1. Npebalz sbe gur fcnprpensg ynhapurq va 1997 gb gur Y-1 cbvag gb zbavgbe fbyne jvaq.
2. Qnexrfg cbegvba bs gur yhane funqbj qhevat gbgny rpyvcfr bs gur fha.
3. Rehcgvba ba gur fbyne fhesnpr yrff ivbyrag guna n fbyne syner, abg n fhafcbg.
4. Guvf yvar'f gvyg erfhygf va Rnegu'f frnfbaf naq gur fha'f naahny cebterffvba.
5. Ynhapurq sebz gur Fcnpr Fuhggyr Qvfpbirel, guvf vf n fha fghqlvat fcnpr cebor.
6. Npebalz sbe gur vafgehzrag ba gur FBUB fcnprpensg gung unf sbhaq gur zbfg fhatenmvat pbzrgf.
7. Riragf gung bpphe gjvpr lrneyl nf gur fha pebffrf gur rdhngbe (cyheny)
8. Gur Y-1 Yntenatvna cbvag vf guvf znal zvyyvbaf bs zvyrf sebz Rnegu va gur qverpgvba bs gur Fha.
9. Gur cynpr jurer gur Fha'f vasyhrapr raqf naq vagrefgryyne fcnpr ortvaf.
10. Irel ubg tnfrbhf nern vf gur Fha'f "ngzbfcurer"
11. Npebalz sbe gur ntrapl gung grnzrq jvgu ANFN ba gur cebor sebz dhrfgvba svir.
12. Guvf ahpyrne ernpgvba cbjref gur fha.
13. Ahzore bs jubyr zvahgrf vg gnxrf yvtug sebz gur fha gb ernpu Rnegu.
14. Gur zbagu bs gur lrne gung Rnegu vf ng Ncuryvba.
15. Gur ubggrfg fgnef ner xabja ol guvf pbybe.
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:57:42 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:57 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum