The fourth annual edition of IGO’s People’s Choice Awards will be April 9, 2016 and again, Honey Creek Resort at Lake Rathbun has been chosen for this year’s event. Please join us in Ballroom A.
This event is open to everyone, You do not need to be a member of the IGO to attend.
This is a family friendly event, and there will be fun all evening long. Doors open for Award show at 7:30pm. The IGO People’s Choice Awards with begin promptly at 8:00 p.m.
We have enjoyed hosting this event for the last three years and want to once again have an evening to honor the achievements of our caching community.
The evening’s events will include: Opening Ceremonies and Presentation of Categories to include three Nominees in each. People’s Choice Categories are:
1) Newcomer of the Year – the cacher whose first geocache find or first event attended was after 1/1/15.
2) Outstanding Series – a series of caches that cachers are eager to do, and have collected an abundance of favorite points.
3) Outstanding Scenery - A cache that has beautiful views and scenery.
4) Outstanding GeoArt – A series of caches that forms a picture, symbol, or word.
5) Most Creative – a cache that is creative in placement, or has a container that is unique or unusual.
6) Outstanding Event – the event of the year in 2015 that cachers talked about and didn’t want to miss.
7) Iowa’s Most Favorited Cache – the cache placed in Iowa during 2015 that has received the most favorite points.
8) The Host with the Most – Who has hosted the most events in Iowa in 2015, and gets people out and caching?
There may be a few surprises thrown in as well during the evening.
Nominations are being accepted through Feb. 26, 2016.
Voting will run from March 1 through March 25, 2016.
You can view information on how to do both at the Iowa Geocachers organization website.
Iowa Geocachers Organization
Please be respectful during the Awards ceremony so everyone can enjoy this event.
Prior to the awards event the IGO plans to host a semi-formal ‘Dinner With the BOD’ for those who wish to meet the IGO Board members and learn more about the IGO. Please visit the IGO webpage to learn how to make your reservation.