The 473rd in a series of caches where a red telephone box
is in close proximity to a post box
Charminster is a village 2 miles north of Dorchester, full of delightful traditional cottages and gardens and possesses a typical Old English feel. The village has undergone considerable development over the past thirty years and has expanded to the east and the west.
In the centre of the village is a superb Norman church, St Mary’s, which is situated directly beside the River Cerne. The Ham stone tower to the church was added in the 16th century by Sir Thomas Trenchard of Wolfeton House and his monogram can be seen extensively on the external buttresses. Wolfeton House was the home of the Trenchards from 1480 until the late 18th century and is associated with many tales of supernatural activities.
In 1960, a Roman mosaic pavement was unearthed in the village, which strengthens its historical connections with neighbouring Dorchester, a major capital city in Roman times.
This Fine Pair is at the top of the village on the junction of Westleaze and Cocklands.
This is a traditional cache hidden at the given co-ordinates
The cache is a small magnetic container
PLEASE REHIDE CAREFULLY