Let's go outside and play a king-size game of chess.
Help us create a list of giant chess sets!
This is a locationless geocache, so there is no box to find here. The goal is to locate a giant chess set in a publicly accessible place. Giant chess sets may be found at parks, camping areas, restaurants, hotels, or resorts. It's all right if a fee is charged to use the sets, but they must be available to the public. Privately owned, backyard sets are not eligible because they are not for public use. If enough geocachers take up the challenge, we will create a list of giant outdoor chess sets that anyone can visit.
Here are the rules to log this locationless cache:
1. Find a giant outdoor chess set that is available for public use, and put the GPS coordinates in your log report. Please include the street address, city, state or province, and country of the location for easy reference. If the chess set location you find is described on a website, please include the url, so we can all learn more about it.
2. Upload an original photo of the chess set in its outdoor setting.
3. Upload a second original photo that clearly shows the chess set, the GPS, and you. If you can't manage this yourself, have someone else take the picture for you. We especiallly enjoy seeing other players in action, and not just their fingers on a GPS receiver!
4. Please upload the required photos IMMEDIATELY after submitting your log. Do not make us wait while you develop film, or have your digital photos ready to upload. All photos must be originals. Logs that appear without the required photos will be deleted.
5. Only one log is allowed per player, and only one log will be allowed for each location logged for this cache. Please check the complete list of logs. Duplicates will be deleted.