This beautfiful park includes part of the high ground where the Continental Army built fortifications prior to the Battle of Long Island, during the early days of the American Revolutionary War. The site was chosen and construction supervised by General Nathanael Greene; it was named Fort Putnam. During the War of 1812, when the possibility of a British invasion led to the re-use of the site for defense, the newly rebuilt fortification was named Fort Greene in his honor.
After the fort's military use had waned, poet Walt Whitman, then the editor of the Brooklyn Daily Eagle was a strong advocate of reclaiming the space for use as a public park. The City of Brooklyn had, by 1842, bought property around the fort from the Cowenhoven family, and in 1847 created what was then called Washington Park, Brooklyn's second park, afternot Commodore Barry Park.
In 1896, Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, who also designed Central Park and Prospect Park, prepared a plan for the redesign of the park, whose name was changed to Fort Greene Park.
You're looking for a green Capsule cache. BYOP but enough room for a few small things. There is a tiny pom pom and two stickers for the FTF.
WIll be hard to find in the snow.