This cache was placed as part of LCPL's Bicentennial Project.
"It was known simply as the Highlands from the 1850s when the Johnstons acquired 53 acres of swampy land until the town was incorporated April 4, 1910 simply because it had a sandy ridge that rose above the marsh." www.highland.in.gov/HistoryoftheTown
"The Highland Library occupied several rental properties in Highland before the Highland Lion’s Club built the Highland Memorial Library at the corner of Highway and 4th Avenue in 1946. The recorded rental locations included property on Highway Avenue directly across the alley from the current building on Jewett Avenue; a small building in back of the west portion of the Ken Ridge Drug Store at the corner of Highway and Kennedy Avenues and in the Highland News Office." visit: http://www.lcplin.org/About/History/highland-library-history.html for more history!