This cache is part of a series called "Flag Day in Flag City." Findlay, Ohio, is officially designated "Flag City, U.S.A." and is the Flag Capital of the United States. As such, it seemed only fitting that there be a flag GeoArt in the area to commemorate this fact.
All cache GZs have accessible parking at the reservoir, in a park, or in a cemetery. Please only go for the cemetery finals during daylight hours, and respect all posted hours at any parks.
There are five main branches of the United States Military:
- United States Army- founded on June 14th, 1775 (as the Continental Army)
- United States Navy- founded on October 13th, 1775 (as the Continental Navy)
- United States Marine Corps- founded on November 10th, 1775 (as the Continental Marines)
- United States Coast Guard- founded on August 4th, 1790
- United States Air Force- founded on September 18th, 1947.
Each branch, naturally, has its own flag. In order to find the final, you must solve the puzzle.
You can check your answers for this puzzle on GeoChecker.com.