Skip to Content

This cache is temporarily unavailable.

Elvas-Geocaching: Infelizmente continuamos a ver quem não se quer proteger a si mesmo e pior do que isso não pensa em proteger todos os outros que estão à sua volta, por isso as nossas caches ficaram todas desativas por tempo indeterminado. Serão reativadas logo que as autoridades de saúde considerem seguro as pessoas circularem com normalidade.

More
<

#01 - Elvas Património Mundial

A cache by Elvas-Geocaching Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 05/30/2016
Difficulty:
2.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size: other (other)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Por favor, tenham muito cuidado com o container para não o danificar!
Please be very careful with the container to avoid damage!


Feira de São Mateus

Encomenda do Bispo de Elvas, e onde ficaria a funcionar a ainda activa Confraria. A igreja é construída em 1737, por iniciativa do Padre Manuel Antunes, onde outrora havia um cruzeiro de madeira assinalando a morte de um lavrador da Torre das Arcas. A cura do próprio pároco e de muitos que se deslocaram ao local criaram um mito acerca deste que rapidamente se alastrou a toda a cidade e às suas redondezas. O desenho da igreja, pelo elvense João Fernandes, é baseado na traça da ermida de N. Sr.ª da Nazaré, construída em 1592, tendo a obra começado a 17 de Fevereiro de 1737 e estando terminada a 20 de Outubro se fez uma procissão. As peregrinações constantes e os ex-votos dedicados ao Senhor Jesus da Piedade, fizeram com que este fosse conhecido por todo o Alentejo e mesmo na também devota vizinha Espanha. A igreja viria a ser aumentada entre 1753 e 1779, e surge ainda a necessidade de construção de um parque que acolha aqueles que na romaria de 21 de Setembro vêm visitar o local (a romaria passaria depois para o dia 20). Apesar da festa de S. Mateus ser a principal festividade, o ciclo de cerimónias na Igreja do Senhor Jesus da Piedade comportava três festas: N. Sr.ª da Graça (26 de Maio), S. Pedro (29 de Junho) e S. Mateus (20 a 22 de Setembro). Acerca da construção do Parque da Piedade diz-nos Eurico Gama que “o desenvolvimento do recinto dá-se, sobretudo, a partir de 1864, coroando a abertura da estrada dos Arcos à Piedade. Em 1881 torna-se o jardim da Fonte da Fé (obra de 1831), em frente à igreja, mais acolhedor e vistoso com a construção da referida fonte. Estavam então reunidos os ingredientes para a tradição que ainda hoje continua das festividades do São Mateus. As festividades tiveram sempre uma grandeza imensa, desde cedo com fogo de artifício e com cartazes publicitários pelo menos desde 1871. Aqui se deslocavam muitas famílias em jeito de diversão e se faziam as principais transacções entre os lavradores que procuravam novas alfaias agrícolas. A afluência era tanta que a Companhia Real dos Caminhos de Ferro do Norte e Leste chega a estabelecer bilhetes de ida e volta a preços reduzidos e Domingos Lavadinho, mais tarde, chega a afirmar que “a típica romaria ao Senhor Jesus da Piedade, a que concorrem os povos de muitas e remotas vilas e aldeias, é o acontecimento mais notável do Alto Alentejo, na época luminosa e dionisíaca das prímicias do Outono”.

Order the Bishop of Elvas, and where he would be working the still active Confraternity. The church is built in 1737, on the initiative of Father Manuel Antunes, where once there was a wooden cross marking the death of a farmer Tower of Arks. The healing of the priest himself and many who went to the site created a myth about this that quickly spread throughout the city and its surroundings. The design of the church, by elvense John Fernandes, is based on traces of the hermitage of N. Senhora da Nazaré, built in 1592, and the work started February 17, 1737 and being completed on 20 October became a procession . The constant pilgrimages and votive dedicated to the Lord Jesus da Piedade made this was known throughout the Alentejo and even in neighboring Spain also devout. The church would be increased between 1753 and 1779, and yet there is a need to build a park that welcomes those in the pilgrimage of September 21 come to visit the site (the pilgrimage would later to the day 20). Despite the feast of St. Matthew is the main festival, the ceremonies cycle in the Lord Jesus of Mercy Church were three parties: N. Senhora da Graça (26 May), St. Peter (June 29) and S . Matthew (20 to 22 September). About construction of Piedad Park tells us Eurico Gama that "the development of the room is given, especially from 1864, crowning the opening of the Arcos road to Piedade. In 1881 becomes the Garden of Faith Source (work from 1831), in front of the church more welcoming and dressy with the construction of said source. They were then gathered the ingredients for a tradition that still continues the festivities of St. Matthew. The festivities always had an immense greatness early with fireworks and with posters advertising since at least 1871. Here moved many families in fun way and were the main transactions between farmers seeking new agricultural implements. The influx was so great that the Royal Company of Northern Railway and East comes to establish round-trip tickets at reduced prices and Sundays Lavadinho later, even states that "the typical pilgrimage to the Lord Jesus of Mercy, that compete people from many remote towns and villages, it is the most remarkable event of the Alto Alentejo, in the bright and Dionysian time of the first fruits of autumn. "

Elvas, Património Mundial Elvas, World Heritage

Integrado nas paisagens do Norte Alentejano, uma unidade territorial caracterizada por uma enorme diversidade natural e paisagística, característica da peneplanície alentejana de horizontes abertos, amplas searas, montados, olivais, vinhas, cursos de água e albufeiras, está o concelho de Elvas.

Já no que toca à cidade, Elvas está situada a 8 km de Badajoz (Espanha) e constituiu um ponto estratégico de defesa da fronteira, herdando um vasto património militar de reconhecido valor e autenticidade. Foi classificado como Património da Humanidade todo o centro histórico, as muralhas abaluartadas do séc. XVII, o Forte de Santa Luzia, o Forte da Graça, o Aqueduto da Amoreira e os três fortins: de São Pedro, de São Mamede e de São Domingos ou da Piedade.

O conjunto de fortificações de Elvas, cuja fundação remonta ao reinado de D. Sancho II, é o maior do mundo na tipologia de fortificações abaluartadas terrestres, possuindo um perímetro de oito a dez quilómetros e uma área de 300 hectares. Construídas no âmbito da Guerra da Restauração, as muralhas abaluartadas são um exemplo notável da primeira tradição holandesa de arquitetura militar.

Mas Elvas não se limita às suas muralhas. Dentro e fora das mesmas há um conjunto enorme de pontos de interesse que formam o vasto património desta terra e que se ramifica pelos mais diversos aspetos. Abordaremos alguns, mas muitos outros poderiam ainda ser referidos! O melhor mesmo é sair de casa e vir conhecer esta terra secular de que tanto nos orgulhamos. O convite está feito: Venha conhecer Elvas!

Integrated in the North Alentejo landscapes, a territorial unit characterized by an enormous natural and landscape diversity, characteristic of Alentejo peneplain of open horizons, large grain fields, mounted, olive groves, vineyards, rivers and lakes, is the municipality of Elvas.
 

As for the city, Elvas is located 8 km from Badajoz (Spain) and was a strategic point of defense of the border, inheriting a vast military heritage of recognized value and authenticity. It was classified as a World Heritage the entire historic center, the bulwark walls of the XVII century, the Fort of Santa Luzia, the Fort of Graça, the Amoreira Aqueduct and the three small fortresses: São Pedro, São Mamede and São Domingos or Piedade.

The set of Elvas fortifications, whose foundation dates back to the reign of King D. Sancho II, is the largest in the world in the typology of land bulwark fortifications, having a circumference of eight to ten kilometers and an area of 300 hectares. Built during the time of the Restoration War, the bulwark walls are a remarkable example of the first Dutch tradition of military architecture.
 

But Elvas is not limited to its walls. In and out of them there is a huge set of points of interest that make up the vast heritage of this land and that branches off by several aspects. We will cover some, but many others could still be mentioned! The best thing is to leave your home and come out and see this secular land of which we are so proud. The invitation is made: Come and discover Elvas!

Boa cachada!

Elvas Geocaching


Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Ab trbpurpxre.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.