Skip to Content

<

#05 - Elvas Património Mundial

A cache by Elvas-Geocaching Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 05/30/2016
Difficulty:
2.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size: other (other)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Por favor, tenham muito cuidado com o container para não o danificar!
Please be very careful with the container to avoid damage!


Forte de Santa Luzia

O Forte de Santa Luzia localiza-se no Alentejo, na cidade e sede de concelho de Elvas, distrito de Portalegre, em Portugal. Juntamente com o Forte da Piedade, o Forte de São Francisco, o Forte de São Mamede e o Forte de São Pedro, fazia parte da defesa da Praça-Forte de Elvas e integra o complexo Cidade – Quartel Fronteiriça de Elvas e as suas Fortificações – classificado desde o dia 30 de Junho de 2012 como Património Mundial da Humanidade pela UNESCO . Repetidamente assediado durante a Guerra da Restauração, foi durante o cerco à cidade de Elvas, liderado pelo comandante espanhol D. Luís de Haro, em 1658, que se destacou pela sua resistência heroica. O cerco de 1658precedeu a Batalha das Linhas de Elvas a 14 de Janeiro de 1659[3] . Em 2014, o Forte de Santa Luzia foi integrado num novo projeto do Ministério da Defesa Nacional, criado com o apoio do Turismo de Portugal, chamado Turismo Militar, que apresenta roteiros históricos baseados em heróis portugueses. História: Remonta ao contexto da Guerra da Restauração da independência portuguesa, quando foi primitivamente riscado por Matias de Albuquerque (1641). No mesmo ano, seria redesenhado na traça de Sebastião Frias, quando recebeu o formato de um polígono estrelado. O genovês Hieronimo Rozzeti traçou-lhe novo projeto (1642), o que causou atritos que culminaram com a discórdia do engenheiro militar francês Charles Lassart. Finalmente foi concluído e inaugurado em 1648. Juntamente com as demais fortificações do seu sistema defensivo, durante a batalha das Linhas de Elvas resistiu com sucesso ao pesado sítio que lhe foi imposto, de 22 de outubro de 1658 a 14 de janeiro de 1659, pelo exército espanhol sob o comando de D. Luís de Haro.

The Fort of Santa Luzia is located in Alentejo, in the city and county seat of Elvas, Portalegre District, Portugal. Along with the Forte da Piedade, the Fort of San Francisco, the Fort of São Mamede and the Fort of St. Peter, was part of the defense Elvas Square-Forte and integrates the complex City - Frontier Headquarters of Elvas and its Fortifications - rated from 30 June 2012 as a World Heritage site by UNESCO. Repeatedly harassed during the War of Restoration, it was during the siege of the city of Elvas, led by the Spanish captain Don Luis de Haro, in 1658, which stood out for its heroic resistance. The Siege of 1658precedeu the Battle of the Lines of Elvas to 14 January 1659 [3]. In 2014, the Santa Luzia Fort was built on a new project of the Ministry of National Defense, created with the support of Turismo de Portugal, called Tourism Military, which features historical itineraries based on Portuguese heroes. History: Dating back to the War of context Restoration of Portuguese independence, when it was originally scratched by Matias de Albuquerque (1641). In the same year, it was redesigned in Frias Sebastian moth when he received the shape of a star polygon. The Hieronimo Rozzeti Genoese drew her new project (1642), which caused friction that led to the contention of the French military engineer Charles Lassart. It was finally completed and opened in 1648. Along with other fortifications of their defensive system during the battle of Elvas lines successfully resisted the heavy siege that was imposed from 22 October 1658 to 14 January 1659, the Spanish army under the command of D. Luis de Haro.

Elvas, Património Mundial Elvas, World Heritage

Integrado nas paisagens do Norte Alentejano, uma unidade territorial caracterizada por uma enorme diversidade natural e paisagística, característica da peneplanície alentejana de horizontes abertos, amplas searas, montados, olivais, vinhas, cursos de água e albufeiras, está o concelho de Elvas.

Já no que toca à cidade, Elvas está situada a 8 km de Badajoz (Espanha) e constituiu um ponto estratégico de defesa da fronteira, herdando um vasto património militar de reconhecido valor e autenticidade. Foi classificado como Património da Humanidade todo o centro histórico, as muralhas abaluartadas do séc. XVII, o Forte de Santa Luzia, o Forte da Graça, o Aqueduto da Amoreira e os três fortins: de São Pedro, de São Mamede e de São Domingos ou da Piedade.

O conjunto de fortificações de Elvas, cuja fundação remonta ao reinado de D. Sancho II, é o maior do mundo na tipologia de fortificações abaluartadas terrestres, possuindo um perímetro de oito a dez quilómetros e uma área de 300 hectares. Construídas no âmbito da Guerra da Restauração, as muralhas abaluartadas são um exemplo notável da primeira tradição holandesa de arquitetura militar.

Mas Elvas não se limita às suas muralhas. Dentro e fora das mesmas há um conjunto enorme de pontos de interesse que formam o vasto património desta terra e que se ramifica pelos mais diversos aspetos. Abordaremos alguns, mas muitos outros poderiam ainda ser referidos! O melhor mesmo é sair de casa e vir conhecer esta terra secular de que tanto nos orgulhamos. O convite está feito: Venha conhecer Elvas!

Integrated in the North Alentejo landscapes, a territorial unit characterized by an enormous natural and landscape diversity, characteristic of Alentejo peneplain of open horizons, large grain fields, mounted, olive groves, vineyards, rivers and lakes, is the municipality of Elvas.
 

As for the city, Elvas is located 8 km from Badajoz (Spain) and was a strategic point of defense of the border, inheriting a vast military heritage of recognized value and authenticity. It was classified as a World Heritage the entire historic center, the bulwark walls of the XVII century, the Fort of Santa Luzia, the Fort of Graça, the Amoreira Aqueduct and the three small fortresses: São Pedro, São Mamede and São Domingos or Piedade.

The set of Elvas fortifications, whose foundation dates back to the reign of King D. Sancho II, is the largest in the world in the typology of land bulwark fortifications, having a circumference of eight to ten kilometers and an area of 300 hectares. Built during the time of the Restoration War, the bulwark walls are a remarkable example of the first Dutch tradition of military architecture.
 

But Elvas is not limited to its walls. In and out of them there is a huge set of points of interest that make up the vast heritage of this land and that branches off by several aspects. We will cover some, but many others could still be mentioned! The best thing is to leave your home and come out and see this secular land of which we are so proud. The invitation is made: Come and discover Elvas!

Boa cachada!

Elvas Geocaching


Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Ab trbpurpxre.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.