Skip to Content

This cache is temporarily unavailable.

Elvas-Geocaching: Infelizmente continuamos a ver quem não se quer proteger a si mesmo e pior do que isso não pensa em proteger todos os outros que estão à sua volta, por isso as nossas caches ficaram todas desativas por tempo indeterminado. Serão reativadas logo que as autoridades de saúde considerem seguro as pessoas circularem com normalidade.

More
<

#07 - Elvas Património Mundial

A cache by Elvas-Geocaching Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 05/30/2016
Difficulty:
2.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size: other (other)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Por favor, tenham muito cuidado com o container para não o danificar!
Please be very careful with the container to avoid damage!


Sé de Elvas

A Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Assunção, antiga Sé de Elvas, localiza-se na Praça da República, na freguesia da Assunção, cidade e concelho de Elvas, no distrito de Portalegre, em Portugal. Inserido no contexto e roteiro da Guerra da Restauração, a antiga Sé de Elvas foi utilizada em Elvas como local de oração pelo bom retorno dos milhares de soldados envolvidos na Guerra . Em 2014, a antiga Sé de Elvas foi integrada num novo projeto do Ministério da Defesa Nacional, criado com o apoio do Turismo de Portugal, chamado Turismo Militar, que tem como objetivo revitalizar antigos pontos históricos de Portugal, através da criação de Roteiros temáticos baseados em heróis portugueses. História: O atual edifício foi erguido a partir de 1517 em substituição a uma igreja gótica anterior. O autor do projeto emestilo manuelino foi, provavelmente, Francisco de Arruda. A abertura ao culto foi realizada em 1537, com as obras ainda inacabadas. Da época manuelina data a estrutura geral do templo, uma igreja-fortaleza ameiada de trêsnaves coberta com abóbada nervurada. O nártex de entrada sob a torre e o portal lateral também são manuelinos. O portal principal, de Miguel de Arruda, data de 1550 e tem caráter renascentista. Portal lateral manuelino da antiga Sé de Elvas Em 1570 a igreja passou a ser sede da diocese de Elvas, ascendendo assim a catedral (Sé). Nos séculos XVII e XVIII foram realizadas inúmeras modificações estilísticas que enriqueceram o interior. Na época do bispo D. Lourenço de Lencastre (1759-1780), em particular, a Sé ganhou vários altares em mármore de Estremoz, como o da capela-mor realizado por José Francisco de Abreu. Também nessa época foi realizada a obra de talha dourada do órgão, atribuído ao italiano Pascoal Caetano Oldovini. Destaca-se também a sala do cabido, construída no século XVII. A diocese de Elvas foi extinta em 1881, cessando as modificações no templo. Na década de 2000 foi alvo de uma grande intervenção de restauro.

The Church of Our Lady of the Assumption, the former Cathedral of Elvas is located in Republic Square, in the parish of the Assumption, city and Elvas municipality, in the district of Portalegre in Portugal. Inserted in the context and the Restoration War script, the ancient Cathedral of Elvas in Elvas was used as a place of prayer for the good return of thousands of soldiers involved in the war. In 2014, the Cathedral of Elvas old was part of a new project of the Ministry of National Defense, created with the support of Turismo de Portugal, called Tourism Military, which aims to revitalize ancient historical points of Portugal, by creating based thematic itineraries in Portuguese heroes. History: The current building was erected from 1517 to replace an earlier Gothic church. The author of the project emestilo manufactory was probably Francisco de Arruda. The opening to the cult was held in 1537, with the work still unfinished. The Manueline period date the overall structure of the temple, one ameiada fortified church of trêsnaves covered with a ribbed vault. The entrance narthex under the tower and the lateral portal are also Manueline. The main portal of Miguel de Arruda, dates from 1550 and has Renaissance character. Manueline side door of the old Cathedral of Elvas In 1570 the church became the seat of the diocese of Elvas, thus bringing the cathedral (Sé). In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries were carried out numerous stylistic changes that have enriched the interior. The bishop of the time D. Lawrence of Lancaster (1759-1780), in particular, the Cathedral has won several altars in Estremoz marble, like the chancel held by José Francisco de Abreu. Also at that time it was held the work of gilded organ, attributed to the Italian Pascoal Caetano Oldovini. Noteworthy is also fitted room, built in the seventeenth century. The diocese of Elvas was abolished in 1881, ceasing the changes in the temple. In the 2000s it has undergone a major restoration intervention.

Elvas, Património Mundial Elvas, World Heritage

Integrado nas paisagens do Norte Alentejano, uma unidade territorial caracterizada por uma enorme diversidade natural e paisagística, característica da peneplanície alentejana de horizontes abertos, amplas searas, montados, olivais, vinhas, cursos de água e albufeiras, está o concelho de Elvas.

Já no que toca à cidade, Elvas está situada a 8 km de Badajoz (Espanha) e constituiu um ponto estratégico de defesa da fronteira, herdando um vasto património militar de reconhecido valor e autenticidade. Foi classificado como Património da Humanidade todo o centro histórico, as muralhas abaluartadas do séc. XVII, o Forte de Santa Luzia, o Forte da Graça, o Aqueduto da Amoreira e os três fortins: de São Pedro, de São Mamede e de São Domingos ou da Piedade.

O conjunto de fortificações de Elvas, cuja fundação remonta ao reinado de D. Sancho II, é o maior do mundo na tipologia de fortificações abaluartadas terrestres, possuindo um perímetro de oito a dez quilómetros e uma área de 300 hectares. Construídas no âmbito da Guerra da Restauração, as muralhas abaluartadas são um exemplo notável da primeira tradição holandesa de arquitetura militar.

Mas Elvas não se limita às suas muralhas. Dentro e fora das mesmas há um conjunto enorme de pontos de interesse que formam o vasto património desta terra e que se ramifica pelos mais diversos aspetos. Abordaremos alguns, mas muitos outros poderiam ainda ser referidos! O melhor mesmo é sair de casa e vir conhecer esta terra secular de que tanto nos orgulhamos. O convite está feito: Venha conhecer Elvas!

Integrated in the North Alentejo landscapes, a territorial unit characterized by an enormous natural and landscape diversity, characteristic of Alentejo peneplain of open horizons, large grain fields, mounted, olive groves, vineyards, rivers and lakes, is the municipality of Elvas.
 

As for the city, Elvas is located 8 km from Badajoz (Spain) and was a strategic point of defense of the border, inheriting a vast military heritage of recognized value and authenticity. It was classified as a World Heritage the entire historic center, the bulwark walls of the XVII century, the Fort of Santa Luzia, the Fort of Graça, the Amoreira Aqueduct and the three small fortresses: São Pedro, São Mamede and São Domingos or Piedade.

The set of Elvas fortifications, whose foundation dates back to the reign of King D. Sancho II, is the largest in the world in the typology of land bulwark fortifications, having a circumference of eight to ten kilometers and an area of 300 hectares. Built during the time of the Restoration War, the bulwark walls are a remarkable example of the first Dutch tradition of military architecture.
 

But Elvas is not limited to its walls. In and out of them there is a huge set of points of interest that make up the vast heritage of this land and that branches off by several aspects. We will cover some, but many others could still be mentioned! The best thing is to leave your home and come out and see this secular land of which we are so proud. The invitation is made: Come and discover Elvas!

Boa cachada!

Elvas Geocaching


Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Ab trbpurpxre.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.