Skip to Content

This cache is temporarily unavailable.

Elvas-Geocaching: Infelizmente continuamos a ver quem não se quer proteger a si mesmo e pior do que isso não pensa em proteger todos os outros que estão à sua volta, por isso as nossas caches ficaram todas desativas por tempo indeterminado. Serão reativadas logo que as autoridades de saúde considerem seguro as pessoas circularem com normalidade.

More
<

#11 - Elvas Património Mundial

A cache by Elvas-Geocaching Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 05/30/2016
Difficulty:
2.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size: other (other)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Por favor, tenham muito cuidado com o container para não o danificar!
Please be very careful with the container to avoid damage!


Pelourinho

O pelourinho, sinal de autoridade e exposição, chega a Elvas no séc. XVI, sendo erigido na então denominada Praça Nova (hoje Praça da República), à entrada da Rua dos Sapateiros, onde esteve cumprindo a sua função até 2 de Outubro de 1872, dia em que foi apeado e destruído. Quando se constituiu o Museu Municipal parte do que restou do pelourinho foi aí guardado. Em 1940 é apresentado um projeto por Vitalino de Albuquerque para a reconstrução do pelourinho feito a partir de uma gravura publicada no jornal O Panorama. Aproveitando as partes originais guardadas e substituindo as desaparecidas foi reconstruído e colocado no Largo do Dr. Santa Clara. Elvas recebeu primeiro foral de D. Sancho II, em 1229, e Foral Novo de D. Manuel, em 1512, no ano anterior à sua elevação a cidade. Embora se tenha certamente erguido um pelourinho na sequência da carta de foral manuelina, nada se conhece atualmente desse monumento. O pelourinho de Elvas será na realidade o mesmo que se erguia no antigo concelho de Ouguela (hoje integrado em Campo Maior), que recebeu Foral Novo no mesmo ano de 1512. A extinção do concelho, no século XIX, poderá ter justificado a retirada da picota, cuja localização ainda é evocada no topónimo do Largo do Pelourinho, no interior do castelo. A coluna quinhentista terá sido desmontada em 1872, e os seus componentes levados para Elvas, onde ficaram depositados no Museu Municipal. Remontado em c. 1942, desta feita na localização atual (diante da Sé), recebeu algumas peças novas, em parte identificáveis através da observação cuidada do monumento. Será o caso do pedestal, em mármore, e dos degraus de acesso ao fuste, já que os originais terão ficado em Ouguela. Também o capitel e o remate são nitidamente peças modernas, embora os ferros de sujeição, intactos, sejam supostamente quinhentistas (Luís KEIL, 1943). Sobre uma plataforma octogonal, talhada para vencer o desnível do terreno, ergue-se um soco de quatro degraus também octogonais, de aresta viva, servindo de suporte à coluna. O fuste assenta sobre base prismática, decorada com uma moldurarão horizontal, e rematada por escócia decorada com bolas, e bocel. O fuste, cilíndrico, é composto por dois troços de altura idêntica, espiralados sinistorsum, com espirais decoradas por fiadas de bolas, unidos por anel central torso. O capital é composto por coxim cilíndrico liso, com bolas, e ábaco quadrado saliente, ornado de um motivo espinhado, e rematado por moldura em torsade. Os ferros de sujeição, em cruz, com o formato de serpes e conservando as argolas, foram inseridos entre o capitel e o remate piramidal, com arestas decoradas por bolas.

The pillory, authority and display signal reaches Elvas in the century. XVI, being erected in the so called New Square (now Republic Square), the entrance to the Street of the Shoemakers, where he was fulfilling its function until 2 October 1872, the day he was dismounted and destroyed. When it was the Municipal Museum part of what remains of the pillory was then saved. In 1940 it presented a project by Vitalino Albuquerque for the reconstruction of pillory made from a picture published in the newspaper Panorama. Taking advantage of the unique pieces saved and replacing missing was rebuilt and placed at Largo Dr. Santa Clara. Elvas received first charter of D. Sancho II in 1229, and New Foral D. Manuel, in 1512, the year before his elevation to city status. While it certainly has erected a pillory following the letter of Manueline charter, nothing is known today of this monument. The pillory of Elvas is in fact the same that rose in the old county of Ouguela (now integrated in Campo Maior), which received Foral New in the same year of 1512. The extinction of the county, in the nineteenth century, could have justified the withdrawal of pillory, whose location is still referred to in the place name of Largo do Pelourinho, inside the castle. The sixteenth column will have been dismantled in 1872, and its components taken to Elvas, where they were deposited in the Municipal Museum. C reassembled. In 1942, this time at the current location (in front of the Cathedral), received some new parts, in part identifiable through careful observation of the monument. It is the case of the pedestal, marble, and access steps to the shaft, since the documents have been in Ouguela. Also the capital and the shot are distinctly modern pieces, although the irons of bondage, intact, are supposed sixteenth century (Louis KEIL, 1943). On an octagonal platform , tailored to overcome the unevenness of the terrain , stands a punch four steps also octagonal , the sharp edge , serving as a support column. The shaft rests on prismatic base, decorated with a horizontal moldurarão , and topped by Scotland decorated with balls, and nosing . The shank cylindrical , is composed of two identical height sections , sinistorsum spiral with spiral decorated by rows of balls joined by a central ring torso . The capital is composed of smooth cylindrical cushion, with balls, and protruding square abacus , decorated a herringbone motif and surmounted by frame torsade . Irons bondage, cross , with the serpents format and saving the rings were inserted between the capital and the pyramidal shot with edges decorated by balls.

Elvas, Património Mundial Elvas, World Heritage

Integrado nas paisagens do Norte Alentejano, uma unidade territorial caracterizada por uma enorme diversidade natural e paisagística, característica da peneplanície alentejana de horizontes abertos, amplas searas, montados, olivais, vinhas, cursos de água e albufeiras, está o concelho de Elvas.

Já no que toca à cidade, Elvas está situada a 8 km de Badajoz (Espanha) e constituiu um ponto estratégico de defesa da fronteira, herdando um vasto património militar de reconhecido valor e autenticidade. Foi classificado como Património da Humanidade todo o centro histórico, as muralhas abaluartadas do séc. XVII, o Forte de Santa Luzia, o Forte da Graça, o Aqueduto da Amoreira e os três fortins: de São Pedro, de São Mamede e de São Domingos ou da Piedade.

O conjunto de fortificações de Elvas, cuja fundação remonta ao reinado de D. Sancho II, é o maior do mundo na tipologia de fortificações abaluartadas terrestres, possuindo um perímetro de oito a dez quilómetros e uma área de 300 hectares. Construídas no âmbito da Guerra da Restauração, as muralhas abaluartadas são um exemplo notável da primeira tradição holandesa de arquitetura militar.

Mas Elvas não se limita às suas muralhas. Dentro e fora das mesmas há um conjunto enorme de pontos de interesse que formam o vasto património desta terra e que se ramifica pelos mais diversos aspetos. Abordaremos alguns, mas muitos outros poderiam ainda ser referidos! O melhor mesmo é sair de casa e vir conhecer esta terra secular de que tanto nos orgulhamos. O convite está feito: Venha conhecer Elvas!

Integrated in the North Alentejo landscapes, a territorial unit characterized by an enormous natural and landscape diversity, characteristic of Alentejo peneplain of open horizons, large grain fields, mounted, olive groves, vineyards, rivers and lakes, is the municipality of Elvas.
 

As for the city, Elvas is located 8 km from Badajoz (Spain) and was a strategic point of defense of the border, inheriting a vast military heritage of recognized value and authenticity. It was classified as a World Heritage the entire historic center, the bulwark walls of the XVII century, the Fort of Santa Luzia, the Fort of Graça, the Amoreira Aqueduct and the three small fortresses: São Pedro, São Mamede and São Domingos or Piedade.

The set of Elvas fortifications, whose foundation dates back to the reign of King D. Sancho II, is the largest in the world in the typology of land bulwark fortifications, having a circumference of eight to ten kilometers and an area of 300 hectares. Built during the time of the Restoration War, the bulwark walls are a remarkable example of the first Dutch tradition of military architecture.
 

But Elvas is not limited to its walls. In and out of them there is a huge set of points of interest that make up the vast heritage of this land and that branches off by several aspects. We will cover some, but many others could still be mentioned! The best thing is to leave your home and come out and see this secular land of which we are so proud. The invitation is made: Come and discover Elvas!

Boa cachada!

Elvas Geocaching


Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Ab trbpurpxre.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.