For some people, caching is about numbers. For others it's about the location or cache container. But for me, it's about the friends I have made. This cache is interactive and will require you to work with your friends to get this cache. The cache is not at the posted coordinates. However, you can get free WiFi here which will help you find the cache.
In order to find this cache, you will need the following:
- A smart phone with internet connection. The starting location has free WiFi, so anyone who is visiting from outside the country can use the Wifi found at this location on their wireless device while it is in "airplane mode" (just make sure WiFi is turned on).
- Somewhere between 2 - 8 of your favorite caching friends, also with a smart phone (the exact number of friends is a mystery and adds to the difficulty/challenge of this cache).
- Open http://www.chilehead.us/mob or https://www.geotrailsw.com/mob/ on your smart phone.
- Verify that the accuracy displayed is reasonable (hopefully less than 40 feet or so.)
- Which mob are you attending? When prompted, enter the number 1947.
- This will open a screen that will navigate you to the posted coordinates where you will attempt to assemble your geo mob.
- Once the website verifies you are at the location, the counter bumps up.
- When the counter reaches the required number of people, the coordinates for the cache will be revealed.
- Stay in your tight group formation until the revealed information is recorded, or written down, or photographed, or memorized within your photographic memory. Record this information right away! If people leave the mob area, the page you are looking at may disappear and no longer show you the needed coordinates for the geocache. (It takes a minute.)
- Program your GPS or your smartphone to find the final location, as the website you are using will not navigate you to the cache location.
Enjoy this unique way of caching and enjoy caching with your friends. Please preserve the spirit of this Geo Mob by not disclosing the coordinates of the final location to those who do not meet as a group as intended.